“hippie spot”
Review of Little Morgan's

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Santa Cruz
Little Morgan's
Poland
“hippie spot”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

First of all - i didnt sleep there. when we arrived there was no room anymore BUT we just loved the place so much, that we were there every evening just to hang out at the bar and get some beer. We stayed in two other places in Sta Cruz, and checked one more, Morgan was the best, with the best ambience. However since promoted in LonelyPlanet - permanently full of "free-spirits", maybe try to do some reservation? we regreted so much we didnt get the room. The staff is awesome too. the owner and his adventures with the cows are legendary. dark, smoky and full of music. i went up, to see the dorms and also seemed cool. no tents allowed though. enjoy it to the full, pitty we couldnt;)

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

As soon as we arrived to Little Morgan's we were greeted by a very friendly staff member, Tom. He showed us all the available rooms. You have the option of staying in dorms with an 'open-air' concept or a more quiet casita with a shared bathroom or private or composting toilet. We stayed in one of the casitas with four beds and it was great. The beds were clean and comfortable.

The food at Little Morgan's is great. I especially liked the community style dinner. It was nice to sit down with the other people that were staying in the hostel. Over dinner we organized a hiking trip up Volcano Maderas with the help Tom and Joe. Every question I had about the island was readily answered by the staff.

The night life was a lot of fun. With a mixture of music and cold drinks it was easy to chat with everyone in the hostel.

Overall the experience was excellent. I will return to Little Morgan's when I travel back to Nicaragua in May.

• Stayed March 2014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

i've been in ometepe nearly 4 weeks and i've been visiting many fincas in the island.
well....little morgans seems to be a nice place when you hear traveller's opinions, then....i went there with some friends just to have a look and drink something.
i must say that all the structures there and the sheds look great and i was actually going to get info to rent a room and spend some days in the hostel,then my experience in the finca has been ruined by the barman, a redhead girl that was absolutely unpolite!
i won't go in details talking about her behavior during all the night, i can just say that in the end she litteraly throw some water on me(!!!) and that happened just because i needed her help to carry on a game me and my friends were playing at the table! (the issue was: i asked her a kiss on my cheek!)
i can say that is just a shame that a good looking place as little morgan's is ruined by one person from the staff!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank puciostayla m
Antigua, Guatemala
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

I really wish I could give this place a good review as it has so much potential. The owner built much of it and the carpentry is spectacular. The bar is a great place to hang out too. But we don't travel for good carpentry and the bar though plenty fun is filthy, cobwebs abound. The staff, while friendly, are generally sloppy and mostly concerned with having a good time and partying. Not that partying is a bad thing, as this is a party hostel. My biggest complaint however was with the hostel bed. Bedbugs. Every hostel manager in the world will deny it to the grave, but I left little Morgans absolutely devoured by bedbugs. These were no mosquito or ant bites. The beds have mosquito bets but look closely and you will see how filthy the nets are. Like I said I really wish I could give this place a better review because location and vibe are there but cleanliness is a big thing for me.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Debbie M
littlem0rgans, Manager at Little Morgan's, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Debbie,

We are sorry that you did not have an enjoyable time at our hostel.

Fears of bed bugs are certainly a grave accusation and we take any such worries very seriously. If you mentioned this to the staff the problem would be dealt with immediately. In future a quiet word to hostel staff is more effective than a bad trip advisor review.

Sometimes guests mistake mosquito bites for bed bugs as they are unaccustomed to life in the jungle. As a preventative measure we fumigate regularly and as such have not had any complaints or evidence of bed bugs. Our cleaning staff are trained to check beds during every day cleaning as vigilence is key in any backpacking scene.

No staff have seen any guests with bed bug bites nor has anyone else mentioned this to us. We have taken your review seriously as well as fumigated and checked all rooms, however there has been no evidence to suggest that your claim is correct.

We hope you enjoy the rest of your travels
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Stumbled into little Morgans after a heavy weekend in San Juan del Sur and was met with a massive party atmosphere. Despite not drinking massively, or doing 'the challenge' I still had a great time and didn't feel left out at all. Every night the bar was rammed and family dinners were huge and tasty. Even when frequent power cuts hit we still had a great time. My friends and I had a cabin far from the bar which was great as the music went on very late each night. Also meant we had a private shower and long drop which meant no getting lost on the jungle paths late at night. Great setting and loved all the wooden furniture, plus all the cute animals.. Dogs, cats, parrots and pigs, total zoo. Bikes to rent too, great to head to the springs on, and I recommend getting a group together to get a cab up to the waterfall too. Off the grid with no net so a great place to chill for a while in this great jungley setting.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Before visiting Isla de Ometepe we were continually recommended this accommodation. However upon reaching the hostel via taxi we found the staff unhelpful, condescending and rude. The location is average at best, not particularly close to anything which effectively rules out eating at any other restaurant. We heard this place had a party atmosphere, which is what attracted us in the first place, however, the condescending and rude staff created an unwelcoming atmosphere. The accommodation is truly one of a kind, with its individual private concrete and bamboo houses. This place has such incredible potential, but with unfriendly staff, we found it hard to enjoy ourselves.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CAMtrip
Dallas
Reviewed 4 January 2014

If you are under 21 and love alcohol, drugs, and random hook ups, this is the place to be. If you aren't worried about using unwashed dishware, cups, etc., you will be fine. I honestly have no idea how this place is kept open given the disorganization (and intoxication) of the staff. Great for the young, young party crowd who want to chat about drugs and sex. If you are looking to meet interesting world travelers who have other things to talk about... find somewhere else. TOO LOUD AND DIRTY for me. I agree that I should have known what I was getting into here but a lot of other places were booked up :(

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
El Zopilote
El Zopilote
#1 of 7 in Santa Cruz
La Via Verde - Organic Farm and B&B
La Via Verde - Organic Farm and ...
#5 of 50 in Isla de Ometepe
#2 of 2 in Balgue
Totoco Eco-Lodge
Totoco Eco-Lodge
#1 of 6 in Balgue

Been to Little Morgan's? Share your experiences!