Do you love pristine nature? Do you believe in eco-friendly lodging? If yes, then Finca del Sol is the perfect base for exploring Ometepe.
My wife and I spent 4 nights in the cabana "La Luna" at Finca del Sol. We barely finished half of what we had planned for Ometepe and can hardly wait to go back. Kayaking on Lake Cocibolca and the Istiam River was otherwordly: 2 volcanoes in sight, caimans, birds, lush forest, barely any tourists. Ojo de Agua offers pleasant swimming in clear, clean, warm, sweet water. Finca Magdalena and Totoco are great for having coffee & food while enjoying the views of Volcan Concepcion. We allowed ourselves to be lazy and missed on a few things such as climbing volcano Maderas and horseback riding. There's so much one can do on horses: ride around the Maderas island, explore a big waterfall, go the the viewpoint/mirador.
La Finca del Sol is the fruit of hard work and great vision from the owners Sheri and Cristiano. The cabins are far enough from each other and from the kitchen/reception. My wife and I have never felt so in touch with nature save for camping. There are no fans, A/C or refrigerator noises. At night, one can only hear the wind & crickets (and tropical sheep occasionally). Compost toilets, solar power for electricity and solar water hating; how much better can it get than this? The finca attracts experienced travelers with stories to tell; do not miss the breakfast & socializing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Finca del Sol Guesthouse offers three beautiful bungalows set on the foothills of Volcano Madaras, near beach, hiking and restaurants in the village of Santa Cruz in the UNESCO Biosphere Reserve. Tours, breakfast and massages available on-site. Volcano Madaras hikes start from our backyard! Food produced from our organic farm and locally sourced whenever possible:-) Spacious bungalows have everything you need to be comfortable including hot water and sunset views of the volcano. Bungalow feature orthopedic mattress, mosquito netting, private bathroom with hot water, fans, screened windows, DVD player and purified drinking water. A sustainable, Eco-friendly option with off grid power (no blackouts) and dry composting toilets. The property has approximately 20% of 3rd generation forest growth, with a maximum of 10 guests on the grounds at one time - reducing our environmental footprint on Mother Earth. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Finca del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finca Del Sol Hotel Santa Cruz
- Hotel Finca Del Sol Isla De Ometepe, Nicaragua - Santa Cruz