Great place to say in Ometepe. The owners Christiano and Ana were extremely helpful, proving the most detailed information available on the island. I really liked the large grounds, and all the space between the cabanas, my cabana had a view of the mountain. I was on a short trip so every information counted (ferry schedules, where to rent a motorbike, transportation to the lodging). We stayed in the the orange bungalow with a queen bed and 2 bunk beds. It was the largest of the 3 cabanas they have. I wish I could have stayed longer. A very peaceful place.
- They only have 3 cabanas so they really take care of you and have great information.
- The cabana's are located far from each other so you can have privacy. The lot is huge.
- I could see the Constation volcano from our cabana.
- The bungalow was spacious, and it had amenities that were useful - such as a water jug in the room, chairs inside and outside the cabana, hammocks.
- Hot shower was available. (depending how long the first shower is, you may need to wait a bit until it warms up again for the 2nd person). Nice large shower.
- My flight from NY was cancelled from due to storm and I lost 2 days of my vacation, I told them asap and they were very understanding of the situation.
- cabana was nicely decorated, and very comfortable.
- Cabana was spacey,$55 for 2 people (off season).
- fireflies at night were amazing.
- private transportation from San Jose to Santa Cruz was $20 (2 people) $25 if from Motogalpa, and from Santa Cruz to Altegracias was $20. That seems to be the going rate for the island, and you would be helping out the local business. But I thought it was kind of high for the distance.
- the common area is in the back of the lot, more likely you will spend more time in your cabana that the common area.
- it's an eco lodge and the toilet is a compost toilet where you use chaff instead of water to flush the toilet. There was no smell and I had no problems.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Finca del Sol Guesthouse offers three beautiful bungalows set on the foothills of Volcano Madaras, near beach, hiking and restaurants in the village of Santa Cruz in the UNESCO Biosphere Reserve. Tours, breakfast and massages available on-site. Volcano Madaras hikes start from our backyard! Food produced from our organic farm and locally sourced whenever possible:-) Spacious bungalows have everything you need to be comfortable including hot water and sunset views of the volcano. Bungalow feature orthopedic mattress, mosquito netting, private bathroom with hot water, fans, screened windows, DVD player and purified drinking water. A sustainable, Eco-friendly option with off grid power (no blackouts) and dry composting toilets. The property has approximately 20% of 3rd generation forest growth, with a maximum of 10 guests on the grounds at one time - reducing our environmental footprint on Mother Earth. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Finca del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finca Del Sol Hotel Santa Cruz
- Hotel Finca Del Sol Isla De Ometepe, Nicaragua - Santa Cruz