The reviews on Trip Advisor led us to book 3 nights at this placet and we are very happy we did. Sheri and Christiano have made a special place at Finca del Sol. From great comfortable unique eco accommodations to a great homemade breakfast our stay was very memorable. The grounds are beautiful and the service is excellent. We stayed in the "La Luna" cabin and very pleased. Relaxing on the hammock was so nice while being visited by Daisy and Bessy the two friendly goats. Dinner at El Encanto our first night was excellent. A visit earlier in the day to Little Morgan's for lunch and a cold Tona was great. On our second day Sheri/Christiano arranged for a guide for our volcano trek to Maderas. Efriam our guide was english speaking and excellent and made the pace comfortable. The hike took 8 and half hours return. The Maderas volcano hike is a very muddy and at times steep hike (and wet given you are in the clouds). The next day we elected to rent bicycles and wheeled our way to Merida then back to Madelegna and then to Ojo del Agua and return the bikes to Santa Cruz before 6:00 PM. No doubt a full day experiencing/blending with the Nicaraguan culture. Dinner at the Hostel Santa cruz was very good. Our host arranged for reliable taxi service back to Moyogalpa for the ferry back to the mainland and onward relaible taxi service (Pedro) to Granada. We would highly recommend a stay at the Finca del Sol....you will be pleasantly surprised.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Finca del Sol Guesthouse offers three beautiful bungalows set on the foothills of Volcano Madaras, near beach, hiking and restaurants in the village of Santa Cruz in the UNESCO Biosphere Reserve. Tours, breakfast and massages available on-site. Volcano Madaras hikes start from our backyard! Food produced from our organic farm and locally sourced whenever possible:-) Spacious bungalows have everything you need to be comfortable including hot water and sunset views of the volcano. Bungalow feature orthopedic mattress, mosquito netting, private bathroom with hot water, fans, screened windows, DVD player and purified drinking water. A sustainable, Eco-friendly option with off grid power (no blackouts) and dry composting toilets. The property has approximately 20% of 3rd generation forest growth, with a maximum of 10 guests on the grounds at one time - reducing our environmental footprint on Mother Earth. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Finca del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finca Del Sol Hotel Santa Cruz
- Hotel Finca Del Sol Isla De Ometepe, Nicaragua - Santa Cruz