My family of 8 adults was taken aback when we first arrived at Finca Del Sol when they found out there would be no air conditioning for 2 nights! Sheri found us two additional small fans to use in two of the cabanas. Unfortunately, they did little good with the heat at night and little air flow through the cabanas from outside. The porches had great breezes, but the windows just didn't catch the breeze. I must say Sheri and Cristiano have a wonderful little eco farm! The cabanas are decorated beautifully and the bathrooms are very nice with plush towels. It was all very impressive to know they have built these cabanas by hand with materials from the island. I rented these cabanas due to the overwhelming excellent reviews on Tripadvisor. I felt Sheri was not happy that we had chosen, on the spur of the moment at the dock in San Jorge, to use a local guide not on her guide list, who turned out to be awesome. He didn't speak English, but we fared just fine with communicating with him. Breakfast...starts at 7:15...felt we were imposing when we showed up early to enjoy hanging out with each other in one central location while waiting for breakfast....didn't mean to make her feel rushed, but we like to get up and get started early while on vacation. We actually thought we would use the wi-fi while waiting, but no one could get it to work on their devices either morning. The walk to the reception area wasn't a bother and I rather enjoyed the little pathway. In order to receive a 5 star rating, I feel they need to upgrade the cabanas to have better lighting, bedside tables or shelves, and most importantly fans that will generate more air movement for each bed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Finca del Sol is a lodge on the foothills of Volcano Madaras, near beach, hiking and restaurants. We are Eco-friendly with off grid power (no blackouts) and dry composting toilets. Bungalow with orthepedic mattress, mosquito netting, private bathroom with hot water, fans, screened, DVD player and purified drinking water with incredible sunset views of volcano & lake. Located in the tropically forested UNESCO Biosphere Reserve (wildlife) we offer a comfortable and private lodging experience. Our property is 13 Acres, and has approximately 20% of 3rd generation forest growth, with a maximum of 10 guests on the grounds at one time - reducing our environmental footprint on Mother Earth. Located in the UNESCUO Biosphere Reserva you have an opportunity to view howler monkey, parrots and a variety of other interesting critters, flora and fauna! We welcome you to our refuge created in harmony within nature. An excellent location for those interested in exploring nature & the beauty that surrounds us, from the volcano to the river, to the beach, the possibilities are endless. We are located just after the split in Santa Cruz! This is a growing tourist hub for the island and offers many restaurants, motorbike rentals and is close proximity from the beach and kite-boarding school. If you choose to hike - Maderas Volcano begins from our back yard. Finca del Sol is also located in the tropical dry forest and a perfect place from which to explore the Maderas side of the island - where you can find kyack trips up the river Istain, ride a horse or explore forests/jungle, fauna and flora. The cabins are Eco friendly with comfortable with double or queen beds, mosquito netting and private bathroom with hot water. Each cabin has its own private porch and garden setting with comfortable chairs and hammocks boasting fantastic views of Volcano Conception and Lake Cocibolca! Our bungalows are equipped with 21' screen with a DVD player and selection of films in English, fan, security box, daily maid service, purified drinking water, clean and hygienic composting toilet system and solar powered.Included in the rate is access to WIFI, complimentary beach towels,and concierge services. We organize tours up both volcanoes, horseback riding and massages for our guests, as well as put them in contact with other local activities. Our organic breakfast is optional, boasting things like an Mediterranean omelet, homemade bread and fresh tropical fruit salad. Your hosts speak English, Spanish and Italian. If you are looking for something a little different than the usual hotel experience, opt for the adventure, break the mold and dive into all that Ometepe Island and Finca del Sol has for you! See you on Ometepe!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Finca del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finca Del Sol Hotel Santa Cruz
- Finca Del Sol Isla De Ometepe, Nicaragua - Santa Cruz