Santa Cruz Hostel & Restaurant
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Villa Paraiso(Isla de Ometepe)
Hotel Central(Altagracia)(Great Value!)
US$23
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Playa Santa Martha(Isla de Ometepe)
US$25
Priceline
Villa Loma del Socorro(San Juan del Sur)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$92
Hotels.com
Surf Ranch Hotel & Resort(San Juan del Sur)
US$49
US$41
  • Breakfast included
Hotel & Resort Palermo(San Juan del Sur)(Great Value!)
US$125
El Jardin Hotel and Restaurant(San Juan del Sur)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$58
Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa(San Juan del Sur)
US$360
TripAdvisor
Hotel La Dolce Vita(San Juan del Sur)(Great Value!)
US$52
  • Breakfast included
Mango Rosa Nicaragua(Playa Marsella)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsprivate roomvolcan concepcionconception volcanoamazing viewsdelicious foodislandcabshammocksometepenicaraguafanojokayakingtravelers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 November 2012

We booked in this hotel after a few days in san juan del sur. we told everybody at the hotel in sjds to come join us in santa cruz ometepe. We had that big party in the dining area than some drunk islander come and join us ! At first they where saying that they where guides on the island. After de guy drink all of is bootle of ruhm all he want is to pick up a fight . we had no help from the staff instead they baricade the bar and close down the restaurant we where now stuck with the bunch of locals they try to get in to our dorm room some people got their valuables stolen... Go to little morgan instead!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 October 2012

We didn't stay here, but ate here twice during our stay in Ometepe. The food was excellent both times. It takes a little longer coming from the kitchen, but its worth a little wait. Fresh juice is fantastic. A great place for any meal!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2012 via mobile

We though Alberto who runs the place was nice since he presented himself as the best guy on the island with the best deals ever. He told us to book everything through him so he would guarantee our safety. We booked two motorcycles and 4 Wheeler with his friend who owns " bull shark tours". The motorcycle was a dangerous vehicle with no maintenance and my friend got stuck with the 4 Wheeler in the middle of the road. Our trip got ruined and we had to spend all day waiting for rescue. The owner refused to refund us with the money and Alberto didn't even tried to help, leaving us to deal with his friend. The next day he got really mad when we booked our activity elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 19 September 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here last June! We could not have asked for a better experience! The people were wonderful, view was beautiful, rooms were clean, food was great! I would definitely return to this B&B. Don't go to little Morgan's, go to Finca Santa Cruz!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephanie T
Reviewed 10 September 2012

This is the first time I've felt compelled to write a review on Tripadvisor. I never actually stayed at Finca Santa Cruz, but I ate here every night I was on Ometepe. This place is one of the few in the area with working Internet, so my friend and I found refuge here. Alberto is a wonderful host, always making us feel welcome, often saying "this is your house," and he meant it. He helped us arrange a great kayaking tour of the river and always welcomed us in, even when we got stuck in the rain. The restaurant itself is under a big palapa and has a wide selection of food, even stuff for vegetarians. The fish is fresh and the drinks are cold. If you're in the area, please stop in to support this place. I guarantee Alberto will make you feel just as home as he did for my friend and I.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends