The Kavera Beach house is an excellent choice for a family or a couple in need of a quiet private spot to relax and enjoy the island pace of life. The fenced front yard offers plenty of privacy from the main road. There is an nice grassy area with lounge chairs and a well maintained garden for you to lay around and enjoy. Or you could watch the chickens sneak under the fence and wander around followed by there chicks. Just across the road is a hardly used beach, great for snorkeling (protected by the reef) or just floating in the warm water, not so great from swimming. The house is spacious and well apportioned with a full kitchen and all the utensils, pots and pans you could need. There is even a BBQ to grill up your fresh fish. The laundry is fully stocked and there are plenty of beach towels. There is a car hire down the street and a few local shops but this part of the island is fairly sleepy.
A few tips- heads up:
1. There is no Air Conditioning. This was a bit of a surprise coming from the Los Angeles I just assumed there would be. To be clear I didn't check before booking and there was no misrepresentation on the owners part. It is quite humid so be prepared. There are several fans though
2. You will need to but bottled water. The sink water is not for drinking and with 6 of us we went through a large 5 gallon bottle a day. They sell water at a gas station near the Airport. We took the empty bottle with us for exchange.
3. Rent a car- its definitely worth it.
4. The Mini golf place down the street has a dinner buffet with live music on the weekend.
5. Bring snorkel equipment- its expensive to buy or rent so its worth the $25 investment for a cheap kit before you come.
Have Fun!!! We did!