“A taste of Italy in the Cook Islands”

Alberto's Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 15 Restaurants in Arorangi
Cuisines: European
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We craved a break from the wonderful seafood found throughout Rarotonga.
Alberto's has a fine Italian menu and I sampled the Spaghetti once again.
We also shared the separate salad bar, and a glass of red wine.
The spaghetti was traditional Italian, the salad fine, and the wine tasty.
As usual, it was a low key evening, very relaxing, with good food.
Consistantly excellent!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Tried this place on a limb and had the worst dinning experience. my prawns were rubbery from being over cooked both my partner and I got the sword fish his was a little bit over cooked with he wasn't to worried about, I still swear to this day that I got dry pork! they don't let you eat your meal in piece and hover around asking every 2 seconds if everything is alright when you can clearly tell! didn't even finish our meal we were both so uncomfortable!

1  Thank becky544
Reviewed 26 July 2014

An enjoyable time in a restaurant with local colour and character. We found all the staff very friendly, polite, patient and helpful. The meal was well prepared, tasty, tender and cooked to the degree of doneness I that I asked for. Salads were fresh ( crisp lettuce ) and tasty ( especially the curried Pawpaw ) and considering we were on an island that has the expense of bringing in a lot of the food items in from overseas I felt the selection was good, varied and very reasonably priced. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and found the "laid back" island approach and atmosphere refreshing. I find it very difficult to equate our time at Alberto's with some of the negative comments in some reviews. One must remember we are in the islands and in a place where other patrons are enjoying their meals. I do not feel any restaurant is a place where children should run free for both health and safety reasons and as a matter of courtesy to other diners. I would most certainly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Smileeone2014
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stopped in here on our first night. So were a bit uncertain of what to expect and local protocols.
Service was a bit rushed in terms of taking your order, but a bit slow interms of bringing it out. Especially the drinks order. Food didnt arrive tgether at the table so delivering the 4meals was spread over a disappointing length of time.
Outside of this the service was friendly and polite.
I had a the chilli beef which in my view and taste was superb. My wife had the seafood curry and found it a bit disappointing. Plenty of seafood but it was mainly small bits of fish and shrimps and not quite the level of flavour one would expect. Teens had two different versions of pasta and were well satisfied...
Salad bar was great and really fresh and flavoursome.
Overall good value and good food. But with a little work in a couple of areas could be great

Reviewed 18 July 2014

food was superb and staff great. and the geckos great for the insects on that hot tropical night. the sword fish was the best I have had.