“Two meals in a week - both fantastic!”

The Anchorage Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #5 of 15 Restaurants in Arorangi
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We were staying at Sunset Resort. We ate here on our first and last nights of holiday. Absolutely loved both meals but the second one was the best meal out I have ever had and we eat out A LOT!. The first night I was the lucky one of the group as my fish was fantastic. The other 4 of our group had different meals and all were enjoyable. Our second night we arranged to have the chef cook our own catch from a fishing charter. We had a 3 course meal this night and I have never had 3 such perfect courses in one sitting. First course was a fish trio of Ika Mata, smoked fish pie and seared fish. Main was their baked fish. Dessert was hot chocolate cake and was divine. Such a great meal we asked to meet the chef and he was an awesome character. To top it off our waitress 'P' was fantastic so friendly and welcoming and the best service we had on Rarotonga. We loved our experiences at the Anchorage and would recommend to everyone and anyone.

3  Thank mosscopeekotrain

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We hadn't booked but not being busy were welcomed warmly then it went down hill, orders were taken in a somewhat casual way three of us had different fish dishes and I also ordered and entre.
About an hour later our mains arrived but no entre questioned the waitress and within five minutes the entre arrived, Three deepfried scollops with a but of grated carrot and onion along side $18 thankyou very much.
The mains two of the fish dishes were only lukewarm and to be honest the food was shocking the third dish was acceptable but not one to rave about. I expressed dissapointment to the cashier when I paid and she said they were busy?? Maximum 30 people in the place at any time I think not. when I thought things could not get worse next morning a very bad case of the shi!!s
Never again

Reviewed 15 July 2014

The Anchorage is so much better that a year ago. The food has always been great, but last year the staff was not so nice. This year they are very attentive and gracious. Especially Violet. The change in management is noticed and welcomed.

1  Thank brucel711
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The service was the best we had, very attentive. And the food was amazing. I had the seafood marinara and my partner had the baked fish- which was the best meal we had all week. We ate here again for dinner with the rest of our party and they loved it too. The other people around us were also raving about the lamb. Would highly recommend. It isn't beach front, but the pool setting does make a nice backdrop beyond the restaurant.

1  Thank classical_geek
Reviewed 10 June 2014

After our disaster at the Sands restaurant we thought to try this restaurant a couple of days later for my birthday. We weren't disappointed despite the terrible weather. The food would have to be the best I have eaten anywhere (including Auckland). I would class this as fine dining and the subtlety of flavours in our seafood chowder was hard to beleive. Can't wait to go back and visit the lovely staff again. Sue