“Discover Scuba Dive” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Adventure Cook Islands

Adventure Cook Islands
Ranked #2 of 8 things to do in Arorangi
More attraction details
Owner description: Adventure Cook Islands is Rarotonga's Dive and Adventure Specialist with a difference. Our PADI Dive Center team strives for excellence and we guarantee you some of the best diving our island has to offer. Our divemasters and instructors have many years of diving experience around the island and are amongst the most experienced dive guides on the island. We specialize in small groups for more personalised dive experiences rather than catering for the masses. Our Reef To See Dive and Snorkel Adventures include guided scuba dives to Rarotonga's best dive sites, PADI dive courses, intro dives, guided outer reef snorkel trips and freediving trips. On land, our Island Way Adventures include Cook Islands Dance and Drum Lessons for small and bigger groups and Raemaru Mountain Treks. To explore Rarotonga on your own, you can rent everything you need to explore the island from our Adventure Hire fleet: scooters, bicycles, kayaks, snorkel gear and bodyboards.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Ashburton, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Discover Scuba Dive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Patrick took my son on a DSD, as a qualified diver myself I just tagged along to take photos, he did a wonderful job, I was very impressed with his professionalism and skill. I would highly recommend you have a go at scuba with Patrick & his team the next time you visit Rarotonga, I know I certainly will !!

They also hire scooters, bikes, canoes & snorkelling gear which I took advantage of the weekly rates for, and thoroughly explored all Raro has to offer.

Visited April 2014
reef2see, Owner at Adventure Cook Islands, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the great review, I am glad you and Jacob enjoyed yourselves so much on your dives.

Until next time,

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Open Water PADI lesson-excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

I did with a friend our first diving experience and spent 3 days, did 4 excellent dives and saw one fish lion, turtles, a moray and lots of fishes during our dives! as well as a beautiful coral.

Patrick is an excellent teacher! he makes you feel very safe and strives to provide you the best experience. He is very patient, even if you are affraid, in the water, or have any issue during your dive.

I learnt that diving is easier than I thought, there is always a solution for everything and it is much more safer than most of other activities! Plus, it is really rewarding when you receive your PADI certification :)

Really recommended for beginners as myself, the sea around Raro is incredible, good visibility, and it is warm enough to do a comfortable dive. and the service provided is perfect!

Danke Patrick for this experience!

Elena

(PS: There is a nice cafe/restaurant just next to the dive shop with excellent burgers!)

Visited March 2014
reef2see, Owner at Adventure Cook Islands, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Hola Elena,

Muchísimas gracias por su amable revisión! I am really happy that you ended up enjoying the dive course so much and wish you many happy dives in the future!

Waipu, New Zealand
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Did two, two tank dives with this company. There were excellent. Very professional, great service and extremely friendly. Could not recommend enough.

Kia Orana Juanita,

Thank you for your kind review about your dive excursions with us, I am happy to hear you enjoyed your trips with us so much.

Brisbane, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Open Water Dive Course : Best experience ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

I booked a 3 days open water dive course with this company and could not be more happy with my overall experience.
My first point of contact was with Patrick , we exchanged a few emails, he responded always very fast and answer to all my concerns. Furthermore, I was forced to cancel my open water dive course due to an injury and Patrick did not put any kind of problem. Once I got better I decided to book again with them due to the nice email experience.

Our teacher/guide was Patrick, he speaks very good English as well as French and German.The open water dive course takes 3 days,I learnt basic dive theory and practice (4 dives of 12m and 18m depth).

He is an excellent teacher really, he took the time to explain us every question or doubt we had.

As a beginner I was concern (and a bit afraid) about the dive concept but thanks to Patrick and his knowledge and professionalism I truly enjoyed the experience!During the dives we practiced a few skills (which gave me a lot of confidence) and spot beautiful fishes (like a lion fish) and turtle.
If you choose Patrick for your first open water dive course you will get an excellent service, best teacher, good facilities and unforgettable dives at a very reasonable price (&if you pay cash you can get a discount).

Karina, who also works with Patrick, is a master diver,she was polite and gracious,during our breaks (is a 3 days full time course) she came to chat with us and gave us useful tips and advices for our next open water dives.

Patrick and his team are very nice and friendly, you feel that you are surrounded by very good professionals and good people.

Merci beaucoup!

Visited March 2014
reef2see, Owner at Adventure Cook Islands, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Salut Dreagc,

Thank you very much for your great review about your experience with us during your PADI Open Water Diver course. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your dive course with us so much.

Best regards,
north yorkshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Seeing the underwater world with professionals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

I was staying close by to the dive shop and initially went to hire a scooter, which turned into a mountain bike which then became 4 dives! I was really nervous after a pretty dire first dive in Indonesia, however with Karina's support and encouragement I managed a lagoon dive and enjoyed it. There was no stopping me after this and did 3 dives in two days. I found both Karina and Patrick so approachable, friendly and totally professional. I had 100% confidence in all the equipment used and their support of me underwater. I would really recommend trying out diving and don't think you could go wrong with Adventure Cook Islands, they're awesome!

Visited February 2014
reef2see, Owner at Adventure Cook Islands, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Kia Orana Poppy,

Thank you for your good review about your dive experience with us, we are all pleased that we could make you happy and addicted!