“Just what the Doctor Ordered!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kia Orana Beach Bungalows

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Arorangi
Kia Orana Beach Bungalows
Napier, NZ
“Just what the Doctor Ordered!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011

I recently had eight nights on Rarotonga and stayed at The Kia Orana Bungalows. I wanted a simple beach house, at moderate cost, but in a beautiful setting. I knew that I was going to be doing a lot of exploring, and I've never really enjoyed Resort styled holidays. I found Kia Orana Bungalows through Trip Advisor, and decided to take the punt and book.

I could not have asked for better! The bungalow that I was in was right on the beach, it was simply furnished with everything I needed, and was spotlessly clean on my arrival.

There are only four bungalows, and only one other was occupied, but it still felt as if I had total privacy and it was rare to even see any one else using what I came to think of as "My Beach"

The location is ideal, with great restaurants close by, not far from town, and easy access to all the wonderful recreational activities that the island offers.

The Wednesday Night Night Market is two doors down, and offered wonderful, inexpensive food and craft all in a wonderful atmosphere.

If you want affordable, clean, simple accommodation in a breath-takingly beautiful spot I highly recommend this place. It's like having your own little kiwi bach all to yourself.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank jamienz

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2011

My family of 7 stayed at Kia Orana beach bungalows for 3 weeks, we rented the two front bungalows which are right on the beautiful beach. The lovely owners lived behind the bungalows but it was still very private like we had our own beach! we didnt see any other tourists on the beach which was really good so we could just sunbath and lye around. The beach was good for swimming and at high tide we could snorkel. The best spot to snorkel is at the reserve at the Rarotongan hotel which is just down the road. They also gave us a good deal for the two bungalows for the 3 weeks we stayed. They are very simple, small bungalows with everything you need, however the showers are solar powered so short showers! but that was ok as we had constant sunny weather

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Puketapu
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arorangi
Te Manava Luxury Villas & Spa
Club Raro
Club Raro
#3 of 5 in Avarua
Pacific Resort Rarotonga

Been to Kia Orana Beach Bungalows? Share your experiences!