The Edgewater Resort & Spa
US$322
  • Breakfast included
Aro'a Beachside Inn(Arorangi)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$168
  • Breakfast included
The Black Pearl at Puaikura(Arorangi)(Great Value!)
US$201
US$176
Lagoon Breeze Villas(Arorangi)
The Reef Motel(Arorangi)
  • Beachfront
1,689 results
All reviewsspaghetti housekids clubisland nightgarden roomfish feedingtennis courtsbeach frontcrabactivities hutbeachfront deluxeon siteedge waterspa bathdaily activitiesgames roomtropical breakfastair con
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I stayed here again for work not of my choice. As I got into Rarotonga just after dinner time. I was in garden room which had balcony, nice to have that. I ordered room service. Food was not good for a resort, the curry was less than average and given they employ Fijian staff at the resort, I expected a better curry. The roti was inedible as it was hard. In the morning I had flight to Aitutaki and can you believe it- no hot water for a shower! I called reception and waited as they said they would have someone to fix so waited until I really had to check out to catch flight. I told reception how unhappy I was and that I would reconsider my booking for my return week back after Aitutaki. Reception said they would ensure an upgrade if I returned. I did return with intrepidation but reception had remembered and upgraded to VIP deluxe suite, top floor. Lovely man to take my bags up the flight of stairs, so far good start. I highly recommend this section of resort. What I did notice was the vast improvement of the friendliness and helping attitude of reception since my previous visit and review. Well done! Buffet breakfast was adequate but please, come around with the coffee pot.

There are really good places to eat if you don't need to stay on the resort. You can easily catch the bus to take you around the island. There is also a discount, just ask the driver.

I also discovered the book library onsite that one can swap a book- and there were some really good titles, what a find! Also you can find really cheap second hand books in the shop.

Again, felt safe enough here as a solo traveller which is really important. You can get away from the crowds by going just a little distance on the beach.

Aircon is tired and noisy, some refurbishments should be done. So a variable experience but I am glad I complained and I was very satisfied with the outcome.

Room Tip: Top floor to not be disturbed if you're a light sleeper
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We spent a week staying here with some friends while we were in Rarotonga for a wedding and it was great!

While it was fairly basic, the rooms were clean, large and very comfortable. The staff were friendly and really went out of their way to help you.

The buffet breakfasts were good with lots of fresh fruit and other options. Happy hour cocktails were always a highlight!

The resort is pretty close to the main township and the onsite Polynesian Rentals office made it really easy to hire a scooter or car and book in any activity we wanted to do.

What was really great about the resort was the location. Set right on one of the lagoons, it also got the full focus of the sunsets which were quite something to see.

There are a lot of room options, but I'd definitely recommend the beachfront rooms.

Room Tip: The beachfront rooms have a fantastic view of the sunset! The waves can be pretty noisy though.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MorningStar29
Edgewater2015, The Edgewater Team at The Edgewater Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2015

Kia Orana MorningStar29,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your stay at the resort. We are very delighted to hear that your stay with us was convenient and most of all comfortable. We hope that you will consider visiting us someday soon.

Kind Regards,
The Edgewater Team.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

Good location n very friendly staff. Gun program at night, spent amazing new years eve there. Buffet breakfast was good, lots of fruit. DinING at the resort restaurant was yummy. However room was bit rundown. Noisy aircondiction. Average cleaness.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Large resort close to the airport, and right on the seaside, with excellent snorkeling at the resort. Wifi worked well in the room, with a $20 voucher giving 150mb. Daily room cleaning seemed to involve just making the bed and replacing towels. Good buffet breakfasts, with a proper coffee if you want to pay for it. Bar open late but noise doesn't travel to rooms. My room seemed to be overrun by very small black ant- so no food could be left out.

Room Tip: See if you can get a Beachfront Deluxe room
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 March 2014

My partner and I stayed here as well as another couple of friends who were visiting the Island for a friends wedding. The location was great, the food good and the sunsets fantastic. Couldn't recommend this place more.

Room Tip: Beachfront suites have a great view!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple