“Fabulous staff”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Arorangi
Auckland
“Fabulous staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2010

Accommodation was great and my father who had on a previous trip stayed at the much pricier Rarotongan Beach Resort and Spa said his beachfront room (404) was much better than that at the Rarotongan. Everything was organized for us and from check in to check out we found every staff member great, helpful and friendly.

However a special mention has to go to Api, she was there at breakfast every morning thru to mid afternoon. No matter how later in her shift it was or how many times we had seen her that day she always had a warm greeting and smile for us. Even during the busy breakfast time she always stopped and talked to the kids and listened to their many stories and had answers for their questions. Anything we needed she found, any special requests we had she found a way to fulfill them. She even surprised me on the morning after my wedding with a head garland. Always she had a smile and that special something that made us feel like guests in an extended home rather than an international resort. She really made our stay phenomenal and I hope she will recieve our sincere thanks and warm regards.

Should we ever have the privilege of returning to Rarotonga we will not even consider any other accommodation no one could compare. Thanks to all that made our holiday of a lifetime full of special memories.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (526)
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2010

Very accommodating staff and very friendly staff. A very relaxed resort with a very calming influence. Good facilities and staff were very knowledgeable and more than happy to share their thoughts and comments.

sydney, australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2010

Going to Rarotonga on my own was a delight and staying at the Edgewater made it all that more enjoyable!
I was a little on edge, having discovered halfway through my trip, in the transit lounge in Auckland Airport, Cyclone Pat had roared through Atutaki, decimating it and placing Rarotonga on emergency alert!
But, no worries! I arrived very early in the hours of the morning (1.00am), but that didn't matter to the lovely reception staff and porters waiting to greet me. I received an unexpected upgrade to a lovely beachfront room on the top floor which couldn't have been more ideally suited.
Sunlight through the palm trees dappled the lagoon in the mornings and late afternoons was the ideal spot on the balcony to take in the sunset, with a cup of tea and a bickie, that was when I wasn't down by the beach and pool side lazing back on a sun lounge or under the umbrellas. There was no problem getting that special spot you wanted with so much beachfront area to choose from and the lagoon just waiting for you to snorkel in.
Janet, Maria and Putura, on reception, couldn't do more for you any time of the day or night, be it a change of DVD late at night, wake up calls for early tours or just language lessons for the day.
Tiki Daniels, the activities manager, along with Johnny and Sunny were always available for a bit of fun, from feeding the fish, making eis, tying sarongs, shinning up coconut trees or teaching us how to make Iki Mata, the local fish dish, YUMMM!!! Johnny escorted all of us diligently on the night tour (pub crawl) and made sure we all got back safely, if not soberly!
The housekeeping girls, Kini and Fili, always made sure my room was immaculate and new towels or anything else I needed came with a smile and a giggle, no request was too hard! Especially if you needed someone to put sunblock on that hard to reach spot in the middle of your back!
The bar and restaurant staff, Jowanna, Va, Vili, Ona, Sabrina, Jull and Kami, managed by the lovely Sue, were always ready to get drinks, food, ice cream and special milkshakes (any ingredient you wanted) with a smile at any time of the day or night.
The food was spectacular, with different themed nights every night and Island nights were especially fantastic with the show and different foods and specialty desserts available again and again and again!! Some buffet! The chefs were so talented.
I arrived just before Valentine's Day so they had delightful lunches and dinners arranged, but it was no problem being a single, they accommodated me easily.
There were lovely weddings at the Edgewater, with beautifully dressed brides and gorgeous grooms floating through the gardens and around the beaches after glorious sunset nuptials, dancing under the stars and moonbeams, all overseen by the marvellous Heather and Sai.
The magic fingers of Ase massaged away any tension I brought to the island. I suggest a massage the first day you arrive and one again the last day you leave, just to get you relaxed and to stay energised. Of course I would also have one every 3 days, but that's a personal pleasure!
I would have no hesitation in recommending the Edgewater for any type of island stay, be it a business trip, honeymoon, birthday or special event occasion or just for a single girl like me, looking for sun, sand, food and laughter.
It's all there at the Edgewater, you couldn't ask for any more. Except may be longer days and nights to stay there.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank peachydebs
Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2010

We stayed here for 3 nights, we had a beachfront room and had a lovely view of the ocean. I found the mattress on the bed on my side dipped in the middle and on the last night i had a sore back they definitely could do with some new mattresses!. The shower cubicle is the smallest i have ever been in and yet the rest of the bathroom is quite big so strange as to why they put such a small shower in. They forgot to service our room on 2 occasions so we had to go to reception and get some more towels, toilet paper etc. I saw a cockroach walking along our room which wasnt very pleasant either but the fan and the aircon both worked well. We had a fridge and safe too which we used.
We found the hostesses that bring your food and drinks to you really nice and friendly. Overall we found this hotel a good place to stay, id say its not the flashest around but good value.

1 Thank Jada_7
Auckland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2010

We would highly recommend staying at the Edgewater. The staff are so friendly and helpful, the food is exquisite, the entertainment top notch, live bands, and a lovely pool to swim in. We spent evenings lying on loungers looking out to sea with stunning sunsets. We had 4 of our children with us in their 20's and one 18. They loved every minute of it, including the pub crawl organised by the hotel and I went with them on the bus. Another great night. From the moment we arrived, we were looked after, entertained, wined and dined, snorkelled, and had romantic walks along the white sandy beaches. Our son took his spear fishing gun and locals took him out and caught fish. The local hospitality was amazing.

• Stayed February 2010
Taranaki
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2010

I went with family and friends to celebrate my 40th birthday. Had we taken our son, we may have never returned to New Zealand. I have travelled to many places in the world, but Rarotonga was just magic. If you are looking for a place to relax, this is a country I would recommend.Food & people are fantastic..cocktails are a must..yumyum, best in the world.Edgewater is a fantastic place to stay.Excellent staff and accomadtion.Nothing is a problem they cant fix.Couldnt be more helpful.I will treasure the beautful memories I had while holidaying in Rarotonga with family and Friends.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
hamilton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2010

Me and my partner simone absoulty loved our time in rarotonga first time for both of us .And my first time flying overseas ..The edge water resort was the most perfect place for both of us.Edge water resort is a place most recomended for people who want to relax and have fun and meet heaps of beutiful and warm hearted people .. we loved coming here and sure hope to again some time ..thanks to edgewater for accomidating our best time in rarotonga.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arorangi
Sanctuary Rarotonga-on the beach
Club Raro
Club Raro
#3 of 5 in Avarua
Pacific Resort Rarotonga

Been to The Edgewater Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!