My husband and I have stayed at manuia beach resort 5 times over 10 years.
It has been through quite a number of management and staff changes over that time and has been "up and down: in service and often , food quality.
But you can't beat the location ,privacy and value for money so we keep going back.
But this time we are rapt!
New owners have just taken over ( February ) and they are obviously already making the changes needed.
.,The staff are re enthused and major changes have already begun as far as upgrades are concerned
Our beachfront are ( room) was spotless , the housekeepers cheery and helpful and the food was just what we needed.
They are bringing in new managers and chefs and upgrading the rerstaurant but we found it fine as it is. - right on the beach with a sand floor - very relaxing and romantic..
The bar and restaurant staff are a happy lot and very obliging.
We have since rebooked for 2013 and the owners have assured us that they will not be going crazy with room rates and are considering Manuia Beach as a medium grade resort .
we are happy that our little hideaway is back on track.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your Polynesian Paradise at Manuia Beach Resort awaits you... Marvel at the magical sunsets over a sparkling blue lagoon, while lounging on your sheltered, white sandy beach fringed with swaying coconut palms. Wander through the tropical gardens on your way to the beach side infinity pool. Rest your elbows on the pool edge and soak in the view across the beach, through the lagoon onwards to the waves crashing on the barrier reef beyond. Sip a refreshing tropical cocktail delivered to you from the Beaches Restaurant and bar, or enjoy your Polynesian inspired meals in the restaurant while you trail your toes through the sandy floor. Manuia Beach Resort - your Cook Islands resort accommodation - is set right on the beach in private and peaceful surroundings on the sheltered sunset coast of Rarotonga. You will love the authentic Cook Islands style accommodation, with the coconut thatched suites complete with island style decor and modern amenities such as air conditioning. Walk through the sandy path down to the water and be stunned by the beauty of the poolside area. The infinity pool, Beaches Restaurant and Bar with its relaxed authentic Polynesian cuisine, loungers set invitingly facing the beautiful lagoon, and attentive local staff, will all set the stage for your dream Rarotongan get-away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Manuia Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manuia Beach Boutique Avarua
- Hotel Manuia Beach Boutique
- Manuia Beach Resort Rarotonga, Cook Islands