My Mum, sister and I just returned from our stay at Manuia. Manuia is such a special place, and a genuine piece of paradise. We feel so privelidged to have stayed there. Apart from the incredible location, beautiful beach, stunning pool, perfect restaurant location, gorgeous refurbished room with breathtaking views, it was the staff at Manuia who were "the icing on the cake".
We went to Rarotonga to spend some quality time together celebrating Mum turning 65 and her retirement at the end of the year. From the moment we stepped off the airport transfer and into Manuia's reception we felt welcome and were made to feel really special.
We were fortunate to be in beachfront rooms which have been refurbished and they were incredible. The views were beautiful and it was absolutely paradise sitting on your deck early in the morning looking out over the beach to the sea. In the evening whether we were sitting on our decks or a lounger on the beach, or at a table by the pool, the view was magical while we were enjoying a delicious cocktail and watching the sunset. We left our windows open at night as there's nothing like listening to the waves crashing on the reef while you fall asleep, it really makes you feel "on holiday" and relaxed.
Alex and Lorraine (the Managers) are wonderful, not only did they go out of their way to make all the guests feel welcome and ensure every part of your stay was perfect but watching them intereact with the rest of the staff was an absolute pleasure. All the staff were wonderful, they all smiled, laughed, chatted and genuinely seemed happy whether they were working & chatting together or interacting with guests, this really made our time at the resort so happy and special and we looked forward to returning to the resort after being out and about around the Island.
I'm sure that by all the staff being so friendly and happy it had a flow on affect to all the guests, as we found most of the other guests really friendly and chatty too.
We were only there for 5 nights but it felt like much longer (in a good way), I'm sure this was because we unwound so quickly and we all felt truly rested & relxed so quickly. I think we would all go back every week if we could! Mum is already planning to return to Manuia ASAP and said unlike anywhere else, she will happily go to Manuia on her own and will feel content, safe and relaxed.
Anyone lucky enough to stay here will treasure their time at Manuia for the rest of their lives - for us, we can't wait to return! My partner and I stayed at Crown Beach last year, if we can escape for another island holiday without the children I will definitely book us into a beachfront room at Manuia!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your Polynesian Paradise at Manuia Beach Resort awaits you... Marvel at the magical sunsets over a sparkling blue lagoon, while lounging on your sheltered, white sandy beach fringed with swaying coconut palms. Wander through the tropical gardens on your way to the beach side infinity pool. Rest your elbows on the pool edge and soak in the view across the beach, through the lagoon onwards to the waves crashing on the barrier reef beyond. Sip a refreshing tropical cocktail delivered to you from the Beaches Restaurant and bar, or enjoy your Polynesian inspired meals in the restaurant while you trail your toes through the sandy floor. Manuia Beach Resort - your Cook Islands resort accommodation - is set right on the beach in private and peaceful surroundings on the sheltered sunset coast of Rarotonga. You will love the authentic Cook Islands style accommodation, with the coconut thatched suites complete with island style decor and modern amenities such as air conditioning. Walk through the sandy path down to the water and be stunned by the beauty of the poolside area. The infinity pool, Beaches Restaurant and Bar with its relaxed authentic Polynesian cuisine, loungers set invitingly facing the beautiful lagoon, and attentive local staff, will all set the stage for your dream Rarotongan get-away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Manuia Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manuia Beach Boutique Avarua
- Hotel Manuia Beach Boutique
- Manuia Beach Resort Rarotonga, Cook Islands