To Lotu, Rangi, Manu & the chamber ladies: you made us feel like we were coming back to see old friends - this was our first visit to the Island and we had a wonderful time. Whether in or around the pool, it is a terrific place to meet new friends and share ideas of where to go next for snorkeling, tours or dinner as well as to share your days activities. Our room was very comfortable and clean. The kitchen was well equipped & the priceless freezer that kept us supplied with ICE was a godsend. We met several families there with children, including 7 month old twins & family from NZ as well as teenagers and their families also from NZ. If we were travelling with our grand kids, this would be a perfect place to take them, including the shallow beach just across the road.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the sheltered sunset side of the island, the Black Pearl at Puaikura enjoys an enviable location with a pristine beach across the road, safe for swimming and snorkelling; a magical spot to watch the sunset. A mere 15 minutes to downtown Avarua, ten minutes to the airport and twenty minutes to the eclectic hustle and bustle of Muri. Intimately set in tropical gardens around a central salt water swimming pool The Black Pearl’s 12 rooms are spacious with high vaulted ceilings. A bold, vibrant, sometimes quirky colour palette complements the natural colours of the island. All on the ground level each room has a private patio, a view of either the lush garden or sparkling pool – or both. Kitchen facilities mean you can prepare breakfast, a light lunch or dinner in between dining at a great choice of restaurants close by, many of whom offer a free pick up and drop off service. Or choose to use our poolside BBQ. The Black Pearl at Puaikura is a haven for those not wanting a large hotel with multiple bars and restaurants but rather an intimate environment where the emphasis is on personal service, a place where you can lose yourself in a tropical paradise, at an affordable price. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Black Pearl at Puaikura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puaikura Reef Hotel Arorangi
- The Black Pearl At Puaikura Rarotonga, Cook Islands