Did 5 nights over Christmas in pool suite. The photos on the Crown site do not do the place justice. It was a great room, great service and great place, simply the best.
Have stayed in a few places but none compares to this. From arrival to departure nothing was too much.
For those who moan about roosters and dogs - Rarotonga is an island, where else do you expect these animals to go? If you want American standards such as Dave_Niagara2013 wants, then Raro is not for you. Raro is polite, quiet and busy and welcoming. Dave you ever wonder why Americans get such a bad time overseas, when all some of them (and probably the minority) do is complain, and wish they where at home in the USA - why then travel if you expect the same experience as you would get at home? This island is for relaxing and taking in life, not racing around. Internet is just like dial up - that's a compliment, that's one of the best attractions, it can be hard to stay in touch, but if you go to Raro expecting fast paced computer driven life - forget it.
Only concern I would have is that there is no handrail to get into the pools in the suites - given a lot of baby boomers are doing the spend the kids inheritance trips, you may want to think about the age of future visitors ( and just for safety put handrail into pool suites just in corner by steps and small garden).
Love to come back sometime, just gets confusing looking at Crown site which shows limited vacancies and places like Air NZ and Expedia which show different availability.
So to finish, if you can, get the courtyard pool suites, if not anything, just stay at least once and you will get the island time excellent service and people that Raro is famous for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cook Islands leading luxury beachfront romance resort on Rarotonga's sunset coast...an exclusive haven for only 42 couples. 5 acres of manicured gardens, 100 meters of icing sugar beach, a crystal clear lagoon, 3 restaurants & bars, day spa & beauty clinic, gymnasium, scuba dive centre, conference & business centre, 3 wedding coordinators, 15 swimming pools + 9 spa pools...so much more than meets the eye. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Crown Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crown Beach Resort And Spa
- Crown Beach Hotel Arorangi
- Hotel Crown Beach
- Crown Beach Resort Rarotonga
- Crown Beach Resort & Spa Rarotonga, Cook Islands