We got married here last year so we decided to treat ourselves to a day/night of luxury for our wedding anniversary while we were staying in Rarotonga.
We have been here so many times for drinks & dinners over the past 3 years it feels like a second home.
Good things were they gave us $100 spa credit, 2 free cocktails & buffet dinner for 2. Fantastic!
Not sure what happened on the beach but 2 trees either side have been hacked back & look really ugly. They were great last year when we got married under them.
Private pool rooms are amazing! Was a pity it was too cold to use the pool but the massive rock/glass wall shower with monsoon head & another jet one were one of the best showers i've ever been in!
I would expect a 4.5 resort to have satellite tv though & a mini bar. Thankfully had free dvds from reception but otherwise limited if weather is rubbish.
I would have expected to be shown to your room also rather than wandering around checking room numbers.
We werent told about the breakfast in the morning but decided to go for walk to Oceans & found out this was part of the deal.
We couldn't use our free buffet dinner initially as booked out for 3 days by an Insurance company. We booked for cultural night.Done. Weather happened to be rubbish so dropped by to cancel & rebook. Then found out it wasn't on anyway due to the cultural week. Lucky we dropped by!
Rebooked for Sunday roast. When we got to the bar overheard the lady saying we can't use our free dinner deal as we weren't staying there now even though we had tried to book in to use it twice with no success.
In the end it seemed reluctantly gave it too us but made us feel like crims.
The food was amazing last year but was very average this time.
Over all, felt very underwhelmed & found many other resorts close by that seem to have upped their game so has made us think twice when recommending a resort to get married or stay at for our friends especially for the price charged here. Half the price down the road with as good facilities.
Positive note to end...reception staff were great having to sit there in that horrible weather on days and were always a friendly face. Shame it didn't filter through.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cook Islands leading luxury beachfront romance resort on Rarotonga's sunset coast...an exclusive haven for only 42 couples. 5 acres of manicured gardens, 100 meters of icing sugar beach, a crystal clear lagoon, 3 restaurants & bars, day spa & beauty clinic, gymnasium, scuba dive centre, conference & business centre, 3 wedding coordinators, 15 swimming pools + 9 spa pools...so much more than meets the eye. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crown Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crown Beach Resort And Spa
- Crown Beach Hotel Arorangi
- Hotel Crown Beach
- Crown Beach Resort Rarotonga
- Crown Beach Resort & Spa Rarotonga, Cook Islands