Rarotonga Backpackers
The Edgewater Resort & Spa(Arorangi)(Great Value!)
US$273
US$158
  • Breakfast included
Aro'a Beachside Inn(Arorangi)(Great Value!)
US$208
US$142
US$138
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Moana Sands Beachfront Hotel(Titikaveka)(Great Value!)
US$247
Travelocity
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
Palm Grove(Vaimaanga)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbeach hutbeachfront unitbudget accommodationfree local callsgreat location right on the beachswimming poolcorner storeown bathroomper nightgreat kitchenthe main housesheets and towelsroom was basic but cleanmins walk awaydown the roadlocal dogsself contained unit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed there for 8 Nights and ha da Great Time there, i stayed in a Double room with Shared bathroom
Lots of gießt changed to Rarotonga Backpackers From Backpackers international. I think this are enough words for the good accomodtion
Clean Rooms, every Day cleaning of Shared bathroom and kitchen

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Manuela S
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Coming from Terare Village, we were truly relieved to find an not-so expensive alternative accommodation thats also friendly. And Muri beach is such a paradise!

Beachfront is gorgeous and great for wind-surfing. Friend a dog, go snorkeling and barbecue with the crowd, it´s very easy to make friends here. It´s a good, cool atmosphere. Nice staff, but - a little nuissant with all the posters everywhere telling you what not to do, "your mother doesn´t live here" etc. They should take those down, I think we get it.

Note that people tend to arrive in the middle of the night here, so if you´re planning to stay in the dormitory all the while you´re here, you should be prepared to be awoken by some really tired european travelers, relieved to finally be in bed!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cee F
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I moved here from international backpackers down the road so really anything was an improvement. I had a single room with bathroom which was clean and adequate. The whole hostel was cleaned whilst I was there so the kitchen and communal areas were spotless. The pool was great, near the beach but not a great swimming area. Great sunsets to make up for the lack of swimming! Nowhere to eat nearby so really you need to go to the supermarket which is a bus ride away, good for organised travellers!!
Maybe I struck it lucky as there was a great group of people there and we had communal meals and chats which was great.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank poppy74
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I stayed here while working at the school nearby and couldn't have been happier. I had a very nice, clean room, access to a full kitchen and pool and the bus to everywhere stopped right out front. I'm already looking forward to my next visit. I was able to walk to the school, two markets, church and police station (my room was broken into, but nothing taken) whenever I needed. Regarding the break-in - my door was locked at the time, every precaution taken...the burglar was just better at getting past the lock, and silent about doing so. After that I slept with the light on, but felt perfectly safe. Paul, the manager, called the police for me, and made sure I was comfortable staying on - he was a great help.

Room Tip: My room was in front of the building, so I didn't have the problem of the loud music from the early morning beach party at the neighbors, or the kitchen late-night snackers.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Wish I could have stayed longer! I met some awesome people of all different ages and from all over the world, and everyone was happy here. There was a great (lively) vibe here, and what a fantastic location with a beautiful beach as your backyard! The manager was kind, informative, and helpful. You can make free local calls from the phone here, and there is filtered tap water available in the main kitchen (not all backpackers have safe drinking water). I chose a shared dorm room which had comfy beds, plenty of hooks/rails to hang stuff on, bedside table/drawer, and a big (standing) fan if needed. The “usual” island noises of dogs barking (though there were a few friendly dogs hanging around) and roosters crowing were hardly heard here, so I slept peacefully. I didn’t get bothered by mozzies at all while I was here either (unlike the previous backpackers I was in). While I was perfectly happy in the dorm room, (great value for money for those of us on a budget!) there are also other good accommodation options here if you don’t mind paying extra and want a little more privacy. This would definately be my accommodation of choice if I made a return trip, and will certainly be recommending Rarotonga Backpackers to friends and family who are thinking of going over.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo