Villa Sjotorp
Hotel Riverside(Uddevalla)
Hotell Skona Rum(Uddevalla)
Thorskogs Slott(Lilla Edet)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 February 2011

Stylish and cosy heritage hotel with fjord view. Grandmother style rooms in 100 years old wooden house. Small library. Excellent beds. Connecting rooms. Luckily the weather was excellent for outside dining with sunset view. Wondering where everybody will be seated when it rains. (Too) expensive dining

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2010

Located a fair bit away from everything, but with great views and neat little rooms Villa Sjötorp was a great stop. The food and wine was excellent and the staff took very good care of us.

Rooms are all different and done in a charming old style, very cozy though small. Because it's an old house there is the slight noise that goes with it - but we weren't troubled at all.

The location offers little that's fantastic for a longer stay, but it's a great stop if you're on the way through the area, not least for the food.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2009

This old house is so beautiful and full of charm. I took my bf as a surprise for his birthday and he loved it. The villa has only 14 old fashioned rooms, and as I booked very late they only had a small room left, and it was indeed very small but cute. Unfortunateley we happened to have kind of a heatwave that weekend so the room got almost to hot at night. I would advice anyone to get one of the normal sized rooms.

If you book a package they serve coffee and homemade cookies in the garden in the afternoon and a five-course dinner in the evening. If the weather is nice you must sit and eat on the veranda. It has the most fantastic view over the sea you can imagine.
The food was so good that we still talk about it. After dinner you can try the old swing in the garden or take the short but steep path down to the little beach. You can just go down in the bathrobe you find in the room and take a nice swim.
Brekfast was lovely with home baked bread and a lot of fresh fruit.
This is a place to relax, no TV.
Just a short drive away from the villa you find Laxbutiken (the salmon shop) . This is a great place to buy a picknick lunch.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Misse62
Reviewed 29 August 2008

One must have a car to stay here, and one should Mapquest the directions to the Villa. We were mistakenly under the impression that the Villa was not quite so remote, so after about a $75 taxi ride, we rented a car. We were there for two nights while attending a wedding nearby. What a lovely location, and how enjoyable to sit with a cup of coffee while overlooking the water. The villa is an old building with gingerbread features. We were in the White Room...clean, comfortable, nice breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 17 March 2008

If there is one experience you'll be able to do without in Sweden its a stay at the Villa Sjotorp. I was unlucky enough to be taken there by my partner - to show me the 'best' of this part of the west coast. It is a fairly attractive establishment in a good location and evidently has a good kitchen.
In all my years of travel (and I have 30 behind me) I have never encountered such rudeness or seen my partner reduced to tears at the reception - before we have checked in!!! This was because of the chef - who deciding he wasn't busy enough in the kitchen - involved himself in the front of desk and proceeded to literally scream abuse at us. Thankfully i didn't understand Swedish otherwise it may have come to blows. Due to the kindness of very junior member of staff (who was left horrified by what she had witnessed ) we managed to find accomodation at another hotel 30 minutes drive away and promptly left. It was only later i was told what he 'd said. I am still very rankled by what happened that evening -nearly one year on.Three words of advice... don't ,stay here.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple