“Best Riding Experience Ever”

Holistic Riding Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Monte Velho Retreat Center is located in a Natural Park, very close to Algarve´s most beautiful an natural beaches. Accommodation: 14 suites, theraphy rooms, sauna, steam bath. Yoga Pavillion with sunset ocean view.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Harpenden, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best Riding Experience Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

It was the best riding experience I have ever had, Andreas helped me to more deeply understand horses and the 5 different rides I have been on with him and his horses have been the best I have ever experience. I first visited in August 2010 as part of our summer holiday and then organised to go back in October 2012, and have another trip planned for October this year (2013), purely to visit Andreas. I now can't imagine not going back there every year whenever I have the time.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Becky I

Oslo, Norway
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A learning and fun experience in beautiful landscape”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

Andreas' deep understanding of horses, riding technique and human interaction with them made our evening a learning and wonderful experience. We started off with yoga, then grooming of the horses, before we rode out in the beautiful Carrapateira countryside, descending on gravel roads, tracks and open fields towards the beach at sunset.
Andreas has healthy and natural horses. The perfect experience to develop your relationship with horses, yourself and your riding skills.

Visited May 2013
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Best thing we did on holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2012

This was the absolute high point of our holiday. Andreus is someone who is passionate about his love for horses and with his enthusiasm comes an opportunity to share a deeper and more respectful experience with the horses, with Portugal, with the hills and with a sense of being joined to nature. As Andreus said to me when we were sauntering back through the twilight - it is like a meditation.
Judy, Matthew and Rose

Visited August 2012
Manchester
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“fantastic experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

I found this place on Trip Advisor and booked the date by email. We had 7 people in the group, all Russians but gathered from around the glob (2 of us didn’t speak any English) the youngest 24 and the eldest 72. All needs were accommodated. Andreas and Antonia – hosts of holistic riding, were very considerate, patient, true horse lovers and simply great. Everybody had great time from 2 people who never been on the horse to 2 advanced riders. We took in it turn and had 2 hours trail rides not only enjoying the surroundings but also having a lesson of communication with horses. I’d love to recommend this oasis and say a huge thank you to both Andreas and Antonia. From Russia with love. Irina ♥

Visited September 2012
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“Good experience for our child”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

Our daughter truly enjoyed the riding, and Andreas really helped her with gaining more confidence in her riding abilities. She enjoyed her time understanding the horses, as well as the hack in the surrounding areas. Thanks again Andreas, and we hope to come back again.

Visited September 2012