I have stayed at several resorts in Jamaica, also at Sandals and Iberostar. This is a very nice resort and the villas are magnificent - but this is more of a golf resort than beach resort. Each villa has a private staff that prepares breakfast and dinner daily, cleans the villa and will do your laundry upon request. The villas are 4 or more separate suites so each suite has its own bathroom but there are common dining and living room areas and one big pool. We were with a corporate group on a company-financed trip so I am not completely sure whether this is truly considered an "all inclusive." When we ate in the beach restaurant we had to sign a check but the company picked up the tab at the end of the trip. There was alcohol at the villa that we did not have to purchase and they replenished that when requested. There were only certain brands available but a commissary is onsite for purchase of different items.
This resort caters mainly to golfers. The golf course was very nice, as were the tennis courts. However know before going that this is not a "beach resort." There is very little beach area and very few beachfront villas. We had to take a golf cart everywhere and the villas can be a mile or more from the beach.
This is also very different from a Sandals or other typical all inclusive in that there was hardly any entertainment at all at the resort and very few dining options other than eating in your villa. The beach restaurant was a bad experience every time too. The service was always very slow and the food mediocre. The food prepared at our villa was much better.
If you are looking for a beautiful, upscale resort that is very quiet, family friendly and offers few distractions, this is certainly the place to go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An exclusive Caribbean country club resort, spread out over a lush 2,200-acre property on the quiet, pristine north coast of Jamaica.Add an 18th-century Georgian Great House, a celebrated golf course, a state-of-the-art tennis center and a white-sand beach. Complete the picture with 69 villas, all privately owned, tastefully decorated, and fully equipped with a welcoming staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Tryall Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tryall Club Hotel Sandy Bay
- Tryall Hotel Montego Bay
- Tryall Resort Montego Bay
- Tryall Club Jamaica/Sandy Bay