“No Le Hace at Tryall is Heaven!”
Review of Tryall Club

and 1 more site!
Tryall Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sandy Bay
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Montclair, New Jersey
“No Le Hace at Tryall is Heaven!”
Reviewed 4 July 2010

We just returned home from a week-long stay at No Le Hace, a 5-bedroom villa at the Tryall Golf Resort. Let me just say, the "secret" is now out! I don't think we'll stay anyplace else. Tryall is amazing - you don't have to lift a finger, and I'm a mother of 2 daughters, ages 9 & 12. Every meal was deliciously prepared by our personal "chef" Jacko. Freshly laundered clothes every day; poolside afternoon drinks & appetizers from Uton and the staff; all the comforts of home and then some. We basically just showed up and immediately began relaxing and enjoying our family, friends, and the island. I'm hesitant to share this secret but, No Le Hace is a dream and worth every penny - you'll spend quite a few.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank alanghorn1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 28 June 2010

I also traveled for my friend's birthday and we had a sensational dinner from the ambience to the presentation to the quality and taste of the food. Each course was a gourmet surprise and a photogenic delight.

Chef Kai Bechinger and Chef Ainsley Lambie really know how to prepare a special and memorable meal. I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect.

Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 27 June 2010

I went to Tryall with 7 of my friends from Florida to celebrate my 40th birthday. First, the place was beautiful. The views from the restaurant are breathtaking and the atmosphere is both peaceful and romantic. Second, we were treated to a special dinner by Chef Kai Bechinger and Chef Ainsley Lambie. It was a five course meal, which started out with the best salad I have ever tasted. Organic arugula with smoked marlin. The combination of flavors was perfect. Second course was a pumpkin soup that was simply out of this world. The soup was comforting without being too heavy. This is definitely a must try!

Our third course, was the maim course of eschoviche fish, shrimp kababs, breadfruit and rice and peas. This is a vary traditional Jamaican dish with a twist all its own. Chefs Kai and Ainsley worked magic on the fish and shrimp which was a balance between flavorful and a little kick of island spice! Definitely worth the trip to Jamaica- alone! Our fourth course was a mango sorbet with fresh fruits, which was refreshing and light. Finally, Chef Kai and Ainsley surprised me with a chocolate cake that was a perfect ending to a perfect meal.

I cannot say enough good things about the restaurant at Tryall Club and about Chef Kai and Chef Ainsley's food. You definitely do not want to pass this up!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 20 June 2010

I had my wedding at the Tryall Club in June 2010. We had about 55 guests that traveled from all over for my wedding. This place is breathtaking, it is so beautiful, words just cannot explain. I am so happy that I had my wedding at the Tryall Club. The wedding coordinator for the property took care of everything and executed it perfectly. A preferred vendor did the flowers and decor and it was absolutely beautiful, the best arrangements and decor I have ever seen. It was a picture out of a magazine. One word to describe this place is PARADISE. All our guests were so impressed that they said it was the best wedding they had ever been to. I will never forget this day and I plan on going back to the Tryall Club on my anniversary. It is truly a hidden gem, a romantic place, and a great place for family gatherings. I just love this place nothing could have been better.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank afds969
usa
Reviewed 11 June 2010

We stayed at the Bouganvillea Villa at Tryall, which is basically a really nice house with a staff of 5 that overlooks the ocean. Our enjoyment of the actual house was high because we wanted to be able to have a really nice place to take our in-laws for vacation with little hassle and no one wanted to do the dishes and this place fit the bill. Beautiful architecture on the house, well furnished, and the butler Ruel is a class act along with the housekeeper Cynthia.

Our issues with the Bouganvillea house had to with the chef who we did not feel was transparent in the cost of the groceries, and we felt like took advantage of us. They charged us $80 to go get groceries, and the store was like 15 minutes away. They also fully expected a tip of $1000+ for the week after overcharging us for several things. We took good care of the staff there, but felt that the chef didn't take care of our needs the way we would have, and she also had a bad attitude

Bouganvillea house was made of marble floors in the bathrooms, which when they get wet were extremely slippery. 4 out of 6 people slipped and fell in their bathrooms. My father in law had a pretty bad spill, my wife hit her shin and bruised it, as well as my mother in law. I fell down once and pulled a muscle in my hamstring. Its really slippery !
I don't recommend Bouganvillea with small children or elderly people, there are a lot of places to fall.

Regarding Tryall Resort (beach area, golf course, great house), I thought that the decor of the buildings etc was somewhat dated. It was very 80s, but they charged 2000s prices for everything. A beer by the ocean cost $7.00 US, and was tepid at best, not cold. The food at the beach club was extremely mediocre, frozen beef patties masquerading as 100% angus beef, and kitchen was super slow. The golf club supposedly had late model rentals, but all of the grips on the clubs were worn. We had to negotiate with them to get the rental down to $30 per day for HIGHLY used clubs. The caddies were decent, but not very appreciative of the tip which you have to pay on top of the caddy.

Tryall is a great concept, they take care of the local people, but the problem is it has an institutional feel of "the tourists" versus "the locals." You feel somewhat like an ATM machine running around the place because they charge you for everything, but don't seem to be updating everything. Even the driver that took us to the house charged us an extra $20 just to stop and get groceries, this is after we had already paid him $200 round trip, which is an obscene amount of money for a transfer from the airport. Apparently he also got another $80 to go drive and get the groceries.

If you go here, its fun with friends or family if all you want to do is hang out. But we definitely didnt need a staff of 5 for 6 people, nor did we need to bring a bunch of US $ and get scalped by the resort by 5% for exchanging into Jamaican $, nor did we need to get scalped again $80 for going to get groceries. The cherry on top came with them acting disappointed or ungrateful when you tipped them. Even our butler seemed ungrateful .

One more thing, Jamaicans in the service industry are after 1 thing for the most part, your money. Thats it. Its a poor country, and its understandable, but dont go there thinking you are going to be "one with the Jamaicans" not going to happen, especially at a resort like this.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
11 Thank bdoggiedog
virginia beach, va
Reviewed 12 May 2010

We had an amazing trip! The houses are fantastic. Because we were attending for a wedding - we were able to see many of the houses across the property. Upon our arrival the house staff greeted us with a smile... and did their best to memorize our names.. I was shocked that by dinner they knew all 8 of us! The food was traditional Jamaican cuisine and was Deee Lish :)

The beaches were beautiful.. the accomodations were amazing and the value was well worth it!

If you get a chance... travel up the hill... the accomodations get better and better as you go :)

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CapeCodBorn
manasquan, nj
Reviewed 3 January 2010

we were married at tryall with family and friends joining us, and we came back for our 5th anniversary with the same group. can't wait for out 10th anniversary. mohogany hill is amazing. the staff (and the owner) treats you like family. we've been to lots of carribean resots, and tryall is amoung the best of the best.

• Stayed May 2007, travelled with family
Geejam
#1 of 16 in Port Antonio
Hermosa Cove - Jamaica's Villa Hotel
Round Hill Hotel & Villas

Been to Tryall Club? Share your experiences!