“A must have been restaurant.”
Review of Hazel's Organic Restaurant - CLOSED

Hazel's Organic Restaurant
Price range: US$7 - US$16
Cuisines: African
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Hazels is undergoing a name change as well as a change of venue. We are confident the new venue will provide a much more satisfying experience. the new name also reflects a desire to update and upgrade . Watch this space
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Do you like honest, fresh and heart warming food? This is the place to go no fiddling or adding of unwanting chemicals! Vegetables fresh from the garden straight on your plate. And that is what you taste. So give you body a pleasure and go eat at Hazels.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

After reading good reviews on TripAdvisor we really wanted to eat here. The were unfortunately closed on a Monday night and we actually extended our stay to specially eat here. The owners Hazel and Randy is extremely passionate and friendly. This is not a fine dining experience but almost a local is lekker experience. What you see is what you get!! Hazels art is on the walls, bright colors, solid people, good food. I had blesbuck fillet - excellent. My boyfriend had the kudu which was a bit to well done to his preference. I would prefer to say how I would like my meat done. The veggies was home cooked food. The starters was the best of everything for us. I had tomato soup and my boyfriend had sprigbok carpacio salad. You can take your own wine in as well. Not far to drive, its own your way to Aardvark Guest House.

Randy M, Owner at Hazel's Organic Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Hazel and I would like to thank you for your generous review. If we had any impact on your enjoyment of the Sundays River Valley, and the Addo area, then we are truly pleased. Having guests visit us and enjoy our venue, gives us much pleasure, and we will certainly continue to try to improve. Our intention is to begin opening again on Monday after the April - June period is over. Honestly, we use this slow period in Addo, to recharge and rest up for the 7 day a week schedule we keep for the balance of the year.
PS: We are currently developing an interesting wine list which should allow our customers to make selections without finding it necessary to bring their own.

Thanks again
Randy

Reviewed 30 May 2013

We went to Hazels for dinner while on honeymoon in Addo. The service was really good and the food was excellent! Unfortunately when we were there, Hazels didn't have a liquor license but we were able to take in a bottle of Champers without corkage which wa great. The food was super fresh and tasty with great organic veg and local venison. All round really good food. Only snag was finding the place. Signage needs to be sorted from the main road otherwise guests get lost.

Randy M, Owner at Hazel's Organic Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Thank you very much for the kind remarks. We really do enjoy serving our customers, and try to respond to any reasonable criticism. That being said, I would like to say we have received our liquor license since your stay in Addo. We also just took delivery of our new signage, to be installed on the main road in hopes that our visitors will find us without difficulty. Thanks again for the comments, and Hazel and I look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 16 May 2013

Like, like, like and more times like!!!
All food was fresh and tasty!
We tried kudu and impala, perfect!
Good owners, it was interested to communicate with them.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

My friend and me visited Hazel`s Country Kitchen on 7th of April this year. We just wanted to get a small snack before going to sleep after a long day of driving. Randy told us it would be a shame to be in Hazel's just for something small as Hazel prepares extremely nice and tasty organic food, like best food in the area. First I thought "what a big mouth", but we decided to give it a try... and what the hell!! The food in Hazel's is fantastic!!! It was honestly the best food we got during our two and half week stay in South Africa. The prices for the meals are absolutely reasonable and if you see it under the quality aspect it is the best price/quality combination you can find. Thanks to Hazel for a this perfect taste of south african cuisine :-)) ...and Randy for the way he convinced us to give it a try, for me it is one of the M O S T R E C O M M E N D E D P L A C E S !

1  Thank MarcusBro