“Amazing Food and Amazing People”
Review of Hazel's Organic Restaurant - CLOSED

Hazel's Organic Restaurant
Price range: US$7 - US$16
Cuisines: African
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Hazels is undergoing a name change as well as a change of venue. We are confident the new venue will provide a much more satisfying experience. the new name also reflects a desire to update and upgrade . Watch this space
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We had the privilege to eat at Hazel's on our brief trip to Eddo to visit the national park in the area. We stayed at the Aardvark hostel which is connected to the restaurant and boy did we get lucky. Not only was the food amazing but Hazel and her partner Randy have an AMAZING story to go along with their incredible food. We had the privilege of doing a game drive in the national park with Randy (which we would highly recommend) and got to eat at Hazels for lunch and dinner. The game drive was superb and the food was incredible. I would recommend this restaurant to even my friends who hate veggies. The meat is incredible, the veggies are extremely fresh and the service is fantastic. I hope I have the privilege to eat here again.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

This was our second visit to Hazel's and the food was as good as the first time! Keith of Rosedale Organic Farm had told us about this restaurant and the only negative comment i could give is that it is too far from my home (KZN), so I cannot eat there as often as I would like! My husband chose the hummus with homemade bread...and he did not want to share, so I guess he enjoyed it. My daughter chose tomato soup and I had a butternut one: they were both delicious. This time my husband and I had kudu (wonderfully cooked) with a selection of vegetables cooked al dente and our daughter had a lovely piece of rump steak. Moses, our waiter was attentive and Hazel was very friendly. We will definitely be back...but why can't you relocate to Umhlanga!!!

1  Thank snowwhite177
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Hazel and Randy have great food and are very friendly. They are doing an excellent job and listen to their concept and their mission - you should support this. And if you do? You will enjoy fantastic food.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We loved this quirky local gathering place! Hazel is incredibly friendly and energetic. Our pizzas were absolutely delish! They grow a lot of the vegetables they have in salads right outside in their garden seating area. The informal menu is really just an idea of what is possible in Hazel's kitchen. Just tell her what you would like to eat and she will make it happen if at all possible. . . and you can count on it to be great! By far the best food in the entire area!

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Hazels offers EXCELLENT organic food. The menu is very extensive and all profits from your meal go to a local children’s feeding plan, so your food will taste even better, knowing you are helping the less fortunate. They also run a Donkey sanctuary where they look after ill-treated Donkeys that have been cruelty treated, and offer them a retirement home, and we brought a lovely painting of a Donkey to help support it.