Hitgeheim is truly the secret of Addo and we enjoyed a great stay.
We particularly liked:
1. The friendly professionalism of the owners and staff - if you want stiff, cold support, this is not the place for you. Most hospitality establishments would kill for staff of this caliber and longevity.
2. The game drive and ranger personnel are excellent. We know the bush quite well and still learnt a lot from Peter and enjoyed magnificent sightings.
3. The view across the Valley towards Addo - excellent sunrise photo opportunities.
4. The menu - though small as it caters to the generally shorter stays of the clientele, the food, presentation and taste were always up to expectation and the little "chef surprises" were simply sensational!
5. It was hot enough to swim and the pool was super clean and with a magnificent view.
Visitors should be aware that it is a little drive to Addo Elephant Park itself; however this is a GOOD thing as things get a little busy and overcrowded closer to the park. Escape to this private gem and feel well looked after.
We simply have nothing to complain about!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hitgeheim Country Lodge and Eco Reserve is a 16 room owner managed, fully serviced, up market thatched lodge outside of Addo Elephant National Park. We pride ourselves in allowing our guests to enjoy the best elephant viewing and wildlife experience in the Malaria Free Eastern Cape, be spoiled with ultimate luxury, cuisine, wine and service. We are on a small eco-reserve and your drive to the lodge is like being on your own Safari. Spectacular views from the lodge and all the rooms with Addo Park in the distance. This lodge was built bit by bit as our home and form part of our lifestyle. Our rooms are 3 x Superior Rooms, 2 x Superior Family Rooms (each with a double size fold out leather couch, not good for adults, only for children up to the age of 14) 3 Luxury rooms, 4 x Family units each with two full in-suite rooms with an inter leading door. Three of the 4 family units can sleep 5, extra carry in bed in the twin bed side of the two rooms. We do safaris to Addo Elephant National Park in our own open and closed safari vehicles specially designed for your comfort. We also transfer you for your own safety to enjoy Schotia Private Game Reserve, their Tooth and Claw Safari, a perfect combination with Addo Elephant National Park. We arrange this for you. We have two pools, one on the family side for kids and one on the old side for seniors and couples only. We also do fetch and return you for a nominal fee from Port Elizabeth Airport or any nearby destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hitgeheim Country Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hitgeheim Country Hotel Addo