“Outstanding....!”
Review of Happy Lands B&B

Happy Lands B&B
Ranked #6 of 23 Addo B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I had to find accommodation for my son (19 years old) whilst he was travelling in South Africa.... and found Mike and Nita at Happy Lands for him to stay 20 nights. He was well looked after, the food is second to none, and he always had the dogs to keep him company. Mike and Nita were able to plan trips for him and he would definitely recommend Happy Lands as a base for exploring the area. I can add that the price of accommodation and meals was very good value.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 10 August 2012

We spent 2 nights at this gorgeous place. The room we've been staying in is very beautifully furnished. Upon arrival we were offered a glas of fresh lemonade. Every night wie enjoyed dinner with the other guests for a relatively favorable price. The Dinner was home cooked, very delicious and tasty. The distance to Addo Elephant Park is a bit further, but to us it didn't matter, the nice Place and the nice people are worth driving each kilometer....

The whole Place is very well looked after: the Pool, the garden (make sure to see the beautiful Roses), the rooms just everything.

By the way, the dog will take care, you'll never get bored. Just try and throw an orange or a lemonade for her:-)

Mike and Nita will also be pleased to help you planning your daytrips if you ask them to.

I can recommend to everybody being at Addo to stay at least one night at Happy Lands!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2011

We found this B&B via another great B&B in Oudtshoorn. Were very happy with the location, (close to Addo's main gate) room, lovely Nita and Mike make you feel at home. We really enjoyed there cooking, braai and there son's baking :) Loved the dogs as well...Hope to return some day with our family and friends.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mir40
Reviewed 27 April 2011

This place was booked after a personal recommendation. Lovely location surrounded by citrus groves, about a 20 minute drive from the main gate at Addo. We also booked evening dinner which was good wholesome food sourced locally. Breakfast also good. Great if you love dogs. The hosts were very welcoming and cordial.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank WelshwizardK10D
Reviewed 17 April 2011

I chose this b&b due to the outstanding reviews on tripadvisor. I don't want to sound rude but this might be the reason why I felt that this place is slightly overrated. The atmosphere, the lemonade, the pups, the owners... everyting is nice! We had dinner at Happylands which was a salad followed by a babooti and vanilla icecream with amarula (for 120 ZAR p.p. / 12 € / 15 US$). Maybe because of our high expectations after having read the reviews we were slightly disappointed. And this is why I feel it is a "good" choice and not "very good", so I have to give an "average" rating to put things right.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mjamandjay
Reviewed 30 November 2010

I have just returned from a wonderful stay at Happy Lands - my two young children, my parents and I had a lovely two nights with Nita and Mike and we would have loved to stay longer. The rooms were cosy and suited us perfectly. The hospitality was outstanding - we already feel part of the family! We took advantage of the evening meal option and we are so glad we did - not only was it convenient not to leave the premises but Nita's home cooked dinners were perfect. I was initially concerned about finding my way but it really was very straight-forward, if a little bumpy on the dirt road and we felt it was very conveniently located for Addo. The citrus farm is such a beautiful setting even if the frogs chirped loudly at dinner time! My children fell in love with the dogs - especially Buttons who kept them amused for ages. I have already recommended Happy Lands to my friends and feel certain we will be visiting them again in the future.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2010

We stayed at Happy Lands for just one night but would have loved to have stayed longer. The rooms are nice and comfortable, and the grounds are beautiful. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We highly recommend Happy Lands!

• Stayed: July 2010