“Good was good - the service was terrible”
Review of JJ's of Jacksonport - CLOSED

JJ's of Jacksonport
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We've eaten here twice now and have always enjoyed the food and the atmosphere but this last time - we had to practically track down our waitress for water refills, etc. The joke was she was taking our order and cooking it as well as we only saw her every 15 minutes or when we would ask another waitress to find her. I hate bad service.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

My father is here for an extended vacation and wanted to have Mexican food since he doesn't get that often. We went to JJ's and he was extremely happy with his fajitas. They came out fresh and sizzling on the griddle. I have perch whenever I am in DC so I am very picky. The perch dinner was very nice, especially since this is advertised as a Mexican food restaurant. It was lightly breaded and deep fried, but not overdone. ALYSSA was our server and she was very accommodating. My daughter wanted a strawberry lemonade and it wasn't on the menu. Alyssa came up with an idea to mix in the ingredients they use to make daiquiris to the lemonade. It was delicious! Everyone in the family was happy with their meal, which doesn't happen too often in my family! Oh, and the American fries were yummy! It is close to where we live so we will be making more trips to JJ's.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I had the oriental chop salad. Its a fun bar and cute decore. Oh my it was amazing. Hats off the the chef Shaun.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

On our drive along the east coast of Door County we needed a place to eat lunch. We wanted to eat in Bailey's Harbor, but nothing was open yet so we kept driving. We decided on JJ's and it's a good thing we did.
We didn't know what to expect, but they had just about everything you can imagine on their menu.
I had nachos with meat and ate less than half because the serving was so big. My dad ate the fish fingers and said they were great. The quesadilla was good, as was the burrito - which was HUGE!
Service was also really good.

1  Thank GoTwins34
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Driving on a rainy day in Door County we stopped here for a late lunch around 2.
Open tables and quick to seat us, it was a cool little place with lots to look at.
Lots of menu options and we opted for the steak (or whatever the name is) sandwich and fried fish tacos. We also ordered chips and salsa. We are used to restaurants in our area just giving these to you, but here you had to buy them? The salsa was very good tho.
The fish tacos (3) took up the entire plate and were delicious! The only thing I would have liked is some sauce, cilantro or some kind of sauce to add to it. But, the coleslaw on them did just fine.
cooked just right and it didn't take long. The sandwich my husband got was shaved prime rib he thought.. very good! lunch for under $20.. can't beat that! We will return on our next trip up north!!