“wonderful experience”

Cuisines: American, Mexican
Chicago, Illinois
“wonderful experience”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We stopped in in a Sunday night with a group of 8 around 6 o'clock. There were no large tables available but our waitress was able to push a couple tables together and make it work for us! Alyssa was very friendly as she provided fast and efficient service for us. Our party chose food from the Mexican side and was absolutely delicious! We had a variety of chimichangas, fajitas, and quesadillas which we all split. I would highly recommend dining at JJs

• Visited July 2014

Cloquet, Minnesota
“Good was good - the service was terrible”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We've eaten here twice now and have always enjoyed the food and the atmosphere but this last time - we had to practically track down our waitress for water refills, etc. The joke was she was taking our order and cooking it as well as we only saw her every 15 minutes or when we would ask another waitress to find her. I hate bad service.

Visited July 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Fajitas, tostadas, and perch, oh my!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My father is here for an extended vacation and wanted to have Mexican food since he doesn't get that often. We went to JJ's and he was extremely happy with his fajitas. They came out fresh and sizzling on the griddle. I have perch whenever I am in DC so I am very picky. The perch dinner was very nice, especially since this is advertised as a Mexican food restaurant. It was lightly breaded and deep fried, but not overdone. ALYSSA was our server and she was very accommodating. My daughter wanted a strawberry lemonade and it wasn't on the menu. Alyssa came up with an idea to mix in the ingredients they use to make daiquiris to the lemonade. It was delicious! Everyone in the family was happy with their meal, which doesn't happen too often in my family! Oh, and the American fries were yummy! It is close to where we live so we will be making more trips to JJ's.

• Visited July 2014
Egg Harbor, Wisconsin
“lunch was great”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I had the oriental chop salad. Its a fun bar and cute decore. Oh my it was amazing. Hats off the the chef Shaun.

Visited July 2014
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great surprise”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

On our drive along the east coast of Door County we needed a place to eat lunch. We wanted to eat in Bailey's Harbor, but nothing was open yet so we kept driving. We decided on JJ's and it's a good thing we did.
We didn't know what to expect, but they had just about everything you can imagine on their menu.
I had nachos with meat and ate less than half because the serving was so big. My dad ate the fish fingers and said they were great. The quesadilla was good, as was the burrito - which was HUGE!
Service was also really good.

• Visited June 2014