“Great food and great service!”
Review of JJ's of Jacksonport - CLOSED

JJ's of Jacksonport
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My son, his wife, and I dined at JJ's tonight and really enjoyed the delicious food and terrific service. Whether you like top quality Mexican food or traditional burgers, sandwiches and salads JJ's has it all. Kaley was our server and she excelled at giving us just the right amount of attention. She greeted us right after we were seated and explained the special for the evening, took our drink order and got us going with some freshly prepared tasty salsa and warm tortilla chips. She was back to take our order in a few minutes and her timing was perfect in bringing our entrees just as we finished the chips and salsa. She did a perfect job keeping our drinks topped up and making sure that our meals were just as we liked them. And since JJ's was pretty busy I give her top marks for skill at taking care of us and others too. I look forward to returning soon for another great dining experience.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We stopped in in a Sunday night with a group of 8 around 6 o'clock. There were no large tables available but our waitress was able to push a couple tables together and make it work for us! Alyssa was very friendly as she provided fast and efficient service for us. Our party chose food from the Mexican side and was absolutely delicious! We had a variety of chimichangas, fajitas, and quesadillas which we all split. I would highly recommend dining at JJs

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We've eaten here twice now and have always enjoyed the food and the atmosphere but this last time - we had to practically track down our waitress for water refills, etc. The joke was she was taking our order and cooking it as well as we only saw her every 15 minutes or when we would ask another waitress to find her. I hate bad service.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

My father is here for an extended vacation and wanted to have Mexican food since he doesn't get that often. We went to JJ's and he was extremely happy with his fajitas. They came out fresh and sizzling on the griddle. I have perch whenever I am in DC so I am very picky. The perch dinner was very nice, especially since this is advertised as a Mexican food restaurant. It was lightly breaded and deep fried, but not overdone. ALYSSA was our server and she was very accommodating. My daughter wanted a strawberry lemonade and it wasn't on the menu. Alyssa came up with an idea to mix in the ingredients they use to make daiquiris to the lemonade. It was delicious! Everyone in the family was happy with their meal, which doesn't happen too often in my family! Oh, and the American fries were yummy! It is close to where we live so we will be making more trips to JJ's.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I had the oriental chop salad. Its a fun bar and cute decore. Oh my it was amazing. Hats off the the chef Shaun.