“Ok burger...not all that cracked up its suppose to be”

Mike's Port Pub & Grill
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Description: Mike's Port Pub & Grill is located adjacent the Innlet Motel on the Lake-side of Door County WI, in Jacksonport. We are a family run business, serving locals and tourists year-round with great food and cocktails. Come say hello to your hosts Barb and Mike Lautenbach, and be sure to mention that you found us on Trip Advisor!
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

Presumably great burgers...just ok and that mixed with pretty bad service - allows me to give my first below average rating on trip advisor. Go to JJs instead for a burro.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

We had the hamburgers twice. The first as take-out eaten on the lake shore. I had to have another, which we ate in.Both times perfectly cooked, medium rare on really good toasted buns.

The last meal we had there was breakfast. I had the Country Benedict and American Fries. One of the best breakfasts I have ever had. The gravy is just too good. My wife had chicken fried steak and eggs. She saved most of the steak for lunch. Again, it was great.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We've eaten at Mike's Port Pub on many occasions. This time we went for the fish fry and I had the combo plate. It was $16.25 and had boiled shrimp, fried shrimp, and perch and another fish and choice of potato and marbled rye and cole slaw. It was so yummy

It is a typical Americana bar with booths and tall tables immediately adjacent to the bar. Restaurant was FULL on Friday fish fry night. It is a bit loud with everyone talking. Patrons are friendly as well as the owner and waiter.

Service was merely ok. My second drink took so long that I thought he forgot. It was very busy though and wait staff was hustling. I understood.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Concluding our brief few days in Door County, we stopped here for lunch on our way headed home. Service was very friendly, but a tad slow, as they seemed staffed for a slower day, and it was a "full house" shortly after we arrived. That said, it was very relaxing and pleasant, good pub food, and we'd recommend it for a lunch stop - no experience with evening dining.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Love the people, the atmosphere and the food! This is the new Sandpiper. Please say hi to Rosemary and Cassie on Tuesday morning.