See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Dates: 6th to 9th Nov 2013.
Food Quality: Excellent Home Made Food.
Location: Excellent.
Room: Clean Rooms and Staff is very supportive.
Special Even: Staff is very honest, I forgot my smartphone at Dinning Table and they returned it.

Mr. Jain has very supportive nature and helped us a lot in planning the trip to do sight seeing. That made kids very happy as we have been to all places of their interest. Sp. Water sports and Dolphin ride.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DKPATEL2013
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I booked the hotel on net after reading the reviews. On 31st Oct'13, I had booked a `6-bedded AC hall with 32" LED TV' room at a reasonable price of Rs. 2000 perday, for 2 days, viz. 3-4 Nov'13. After reaching there, we were in for a big shock, as the room was utterly small with 2 beds placed side by side in between 2 walls (no space on either side) and the only other side of bed having just 1 feet wide passage to live !! There was not even a table to put the water jar & glass on !! (Mr. Jain came to our room and placed the jug on top of a cupboard, which is placed opposite just 1 feet away from main entrance). To compound matters, there was not even a proper eating place (let alone any restaurant), only a room adjacent to kitchen with few tables & chairs with no fans. Only vegetarian thalis with limited menu at a cost of Rs. 120 per plate was available. In the night, with all windows closed & AC on, we were literally struggling to keep ourselves safe from multiple varieties of insects which were generously available on our beds. With great difficulty & much wait, we could get a mosquite repellent to put on. However, it gave us no respite from the insects. Walls of the room were also not painted. Mr. Jain informed that we were the first occupant of the room - what a privelege it was !!
Next morning itself, we checked out after informing Mr. Jain.

Sumeet Ray
Mumbai

Room Tip: No one shall opt for this hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2013

As the name implies, the resort lies in the bowl of greenery. Very nice place to stay. Nice hospitality and home made food makes it worth staying. It is just 5 mins walking distance to beach, which makes it more special. I feel it definitely fits into everyone's budget.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank SaiCharan499
Reviewed 12 October 2012

I hit upon this resort ,quite by some accident . The name " Green Gate" had conjured up a picture in my mind while driving to it ,one peak tourist Saturday . Having no other place to stay at Harihareshwar , I had but no other choice .
On arrival, whatever images I had about " Green Gate" vanished instantaneously. I would rather call it 'Green Confusion" , as the trees planted in the property had a very bizarre scheme .
Having parked my car,I ventured out to the reception kiosk, to meet Mrs.Jain who asked me to see the rooms before I could say "yes".
The rooms in general were okay , reminded me of my hostel days,many rooms in a row with a common corridor .The bathroom was decent and hot water could be had only in the wee morning hours .
I decided to settle down as the room was passable and I had plans to stay for a night only.
I was reminded that the food available is "thali" type, purely vegetarian and Maharashtrian .
Since I am a vegetarian AND also Marathi I had no problems.
It took some time to settle down as I laid down my baggage and became comfortable on the plastic chairs and tables . Other occupants would catch my attention whenever they walked past in front of my room ,as the voices reverberate easily. The bed was comfortable and large. The A/C was bit quirky and would always come back to 16C .
One thing I liked about this place ,is that it is out of mainstream Harihareshwar and has a quite locale. A 2 minute walk across the street and you are on the beach.
Now for the most important thing for the most..food!
Well, I had a very average lunch but the dinner was good . The dining area is a small circular area out in the open with many tables and chairs . There aren't many choices you could make regarding food.
Dr Jain and Mrs.Jain the owners of the property are very courteous and would enquire about any needs . I found them sincerely trying to follow the customers requests .
Overall, the experience of staying at 'Green Gate" was good and "value for money" kinds.

I would recommend this place for people who are non-discerning and who would pride over travelling on a tight budget .

Good for the money !!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank Brownhawk
Reviewed 28 July 2012

We visited Harihareshwar during monsoon weekend. We had booked this resort by reading the reviews on the net, When we reached here and took a look at the property we thought probably we have made a wrong choice. But when we entered the room, we were in for a surprise. It was a nice well done cozy room with good natural light. The bathrooms are also of big size and the best thing is that they are very clean.
The owners take a personal interest in the comfort of the tourist. The food quality is also decent and its a pure home cooked food.
The only thing that needs improvement is the maintenance of the compound. The garden can be well developed.so that the look of the property from the outside will be improved. Its definitely a great place if you are going for your family gathering or a going with a group of friends.
Would like to add that it is not a so to say "5 Star" property, but a very comfortable place with a personal touch. Would definitely like to visit it again!!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are large
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family