I booked a 2 night stay with dinner bed and breakfast on both days for our up and coming wedding anniversary.
our Room, Pinky, had a view to die for. can you imagine lying on such a huge bed and looking out over our balcony to the view of Ullswater and fells in the distance, Stunning!
On the Saturday evening the staff were attentive and very professional. the menu showed enough of a variety to suit a piscaterien. the food was very well presented and well cooked. No faults here.
Sundays Breakfast again couldn't be faulted.
Sunday evening, however was a different story. We were disappointed to find that the menu was the same as the previous evening, shame, but luckily there was enough choice for us to choose different dishes form the previous evening. Again I cannot fault the food. service lacked direction, no Maitre d to direct the waiters!
I arranged with the sommelier to match each course with a wine of his choice, no faults here! sadly after the wine was delivered to our table that was the last we saw of him. No expert advice on a sweet wine nor was there for a after dinner Port although the waitress did offer her advice.
would we stay again? yes i think we would but I have sent a email to the Hotel raising my concerns and have received a pleasing reply.
One other criticism, the widows need cleaning and ridding of spider webs!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sharrow Bay is unique; the epitome of English country living in an unrivalled location surrounded by snow-topped mountains and fells, right on the shores of Lake Ullswater, widely regarded as the most beautiful lake in the country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sharrow Bay Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sharrow Bay Country Hotel
- Sharrow Bay Country Penrith
- Sharrow Bay Country House Hotel Pooley Bridge, Cumbria