Stayed at elm house as a last minute decision to come to ullswater for 1 nights stay before hogmanay, have been to lake ullswater on numerous occasions, but usually to log cabins or holiday homes with the family.
Even though this was a last minute booking with my fiance, sister and her boyfriend, elm house couldn't of helped us anymore and accommodate us with two double rooms, also giving us family annex at side of house with own entrance and hallway. Lovely mini apartment with sharing toilet and two king size beds (I want a king bed now).
Lovely picturesque location in pooley bridge and the pooley bridge inn was stunning at this time of year with gorgeous log fires and delicious food.
Guest house Host mark and Anne were lovely and very friendly, couldn't of asked for a nicer hosts on our stay.
Will be returning in the summer holidays again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 1863 is more than just another guest house. Owners Anne and Mark offer their guests the quality of a boutique hotel but with the homely welcome of a traditional B&B. A relaxed, friendly atmosphere encourages visitors to take time to unwind in comfortable surroundings, enjoy locally-sourced, seasonal dishes cooked up by our skilled chef before retiring to the bar for a night cap or to bed for restful sleep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your 1863 Bar Bistro Rooms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elm House Hotel Pooley Bridge
- 1863 Bar Bistro Rooms Pooley Bridge, Cumbria