We stayed here for 3 nights in November while wedding planning. From the moment we arrived Mark greeted us in the car park an offered to help us in with our bags. The location is perfect for us and is a fantastic location for visiting the most beautiful north lakes area.
We stayed in room 5 and it was decorated to a very high modern standard but maintained a warm and cozy feel. Mark was very welcoming and friendly explaining all the amenities in the house including DVDs which can be borrowed and taken to the room, an open snack area and even a small fridge in the room with complementary water. Chocolates on the pillows on arrival were a fantastic touch.
Breakfast is picked the night before and there is a vast selection to choose from as we'll as a variety of cereals, fruit and juices on offer. The full Cumbrian breakfast was fantastic, very tasty and cooked just to order. The dining areas are not decorated as modern as the rooms but this helps to maintain the homely feeling.
Mark and Anne were very welcoming and we can't wait to come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 1863 is more than just another guest house. Owners Anne and Mark offer their guests the quality of a boutique hotel but with the homely welcome of a traditional B&B. A relaxed, friendly atmosphere encourages visitors to take time to unwind in comfortable surroundings, enjoy locally-sourced, seasonal dishes cooked up by our skilled chef before retiring to the bar for a night cap or to bed for restful sleep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your 1863 Bar Bistro Rooms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elm House Hotel Pooley Bridge
- 1863 Bar Bistro Rooms Pooley Bridge, Cumbria