My husband and I spent one night here but I wish we had the chance to stay for more!
We stayed in room 5 which is one of their luxury rooms. The room was lovely and clean, really well decorated with a lovely en suite bathroom. It was a little smaller than I had expected though. The bed was lovely and comfy! We had a great nights sleep to be rudely woken up by a really noisy blackbird...I mean really!! How rude of him! ;) all the usual perks and extras in the room with an added mini fridge, wine glasses and bottle opener which we thought was lovely.
Breakfast was served at a choice of times and we were not disappointed with the full cumberland breakfast with toast and extra toast with a huge pot of tea for us both. The owners were really lovely and helpful when I had emailed asking for some info
We would def stay there again and would highly recommend it to anyone even in the middle of winter!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 1863 is more than just another guest house. Owners Anne and Mark offer their guests the quality of a boutique hotel but with the homely welcome of a traditional B&B. A relaxed, friendly atmosphere encourages visitors to take time to unwind in comfortable surroundings, enjoy locally-sourced, seasonal dishes cooked up by our skilled chef before retiring to the bar for a night cap or to bed for restful sleep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your 1863 Bar Bistro Rooms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elm House Hotel Pooley Bridge
- 1863 Bar Bistro Rooms Pooley Bridge, Cumbria