“Absolutely breathtaking!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Owaka
Catlins River Ridge Retreat
Ranked #4 of 6 Owaka B&B and Inns
“Absolutely breathtaking!”
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

Our family has been to RiverRidge Retreat many times to 'get away' and to recharge. This is the most spectacular place we've been to, natures very own paradise! So tranquil & peaceful - plenty of open spaces for the kids, we love wandering around the Retreat just taking in the beauty of it all. The accommodation was perfect for our family, large, warm, clean and very comfortable. Gary & Adele are brilliant hosts - nothing is too much trouble and are very welcoming and friendly! We absolutely love it and will continue to enjoy it many times more!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Mamawolf123

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Te Anau New Zealand
Reviewed 4 April 2013

I stayed at the River Ridge Retreat a couple weeks ago whilst travelling the Southern Scenic Route. The place was spectacular. I loved the relaxing and scenic natural surroundings. The facilities were great. Although I travelled solo, the place also does things like weddings and conferences. The stay was magnificent and I will stay again when I’m in the area.

Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Queenstown, New Zealand
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Me and my boyfriend visited the Catlins for a short weekend break and loved our stay at RiverRidge retreat. Adele and Gary were very hospitable and the studio room we stayed in was comfortable, clean and had everything we needed. They were even kind enough to send on some belongings we left behind. A perfect and beautiful place to stay when visiting the Catlins!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Caroline P
County Sligo, Ireland
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Me and my family stayed here just after Christmas 2012 and we all had a very enjoyable stay. We only had the one night but I would definately stay here again in a heartbeat if I venture back to the Catlins. Adele and Gary went above and beyond and they are such lovely people. It is so tranquil and peaceful and a great place to go to get away from it all. Would highly recommend it!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank cawley
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 January 2013

I stayed in the self contained Queen studio which had the most comfortable bed - an absolute luxury after travelling. The room was really warm and inviting and I loved that I could have make a cup of coffee in my room in the mornings. River Ridge is a great place to unwind and take in the Catlins scenery. Also Adele and Gary are great people that will do anything to make you feel welcome. Highly recommend!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Kristi L
kent
Reviewed 5 November 2012

What a great place hidden in the middle of the Catlins - just a beautifully peaceful spot with views out onto the landscape from your room - lie in bed and watch nature at it's best. Cosy warm rooms, big open showers so great if you're in a wheelchair - everything is easy access. Big very very comfy bed and tv, kitchen in your room and free tea and coffee.

Room Tip: Ask for the ones facing woodstock!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rap28
Dunedin, New Zealand
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I have recently spent six enjoyable days at River Ridge Retreat. Prior to going there I had sore hips, which had persisted for two years. Where I stayed in one of the wheelchair accessible units
After two days of my six day stay the pain in my hips disappeared. My bed was so comfortable and the tranquillity of River Ridge Retreat was so therapeutic to for my body and my general well-being, that I can personally recommend it..
Adele and Gary, the hosts at River Ridge Retreat are so warm and welcoming that I felt ‘at home’ as soon as I met them.
There are so many short sight-seeing places to visit whilst I was there also.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank Peter R
RiverRidgeRetreat, Owner at Catlins River Ridge Retreat, responded to this review, 11 September 2012
Thank you so much Peter, it was our pleasure having you come and stay with us, and show you around. We look forward to you coming back next year. Adele & Gary Dawkins
Also consider these accommodations in or near Owaka
Owaka Lodge Motel
#1 of 1 in Tawanui
Thomas's Catlins Lodge And Camp Ground
Nugget View & Kaka Point Motels
Catlins Newhaven Holiday Park

Been to Catlins River Ridge Retreat? Share your experiences!