“An amazing place”
Review of Hotel Lous Grits

Hotel Lous Grits
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Marsolan
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I'm usually extremely demanding (according to my personal assistant and my wife). But Hotel Lous Grits is just perfect: service, decoration, restaurant, Armagnac, fireplace, bedding, spa.... It's definitely an amazing place to stay. I will manage to come back next year.. and the year after...

Room Tip: All rooms are very quiet. Bedding is very good.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NPMalta
martine P, Propriétaire at Hotel Lous Grits, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

We are satisfied for making your stay at Lous Grits in this month of December, a time that you appreciated

Thank you to have been as kind to send your opinion

Cordially

Reviewed 2 October 2013

My husband and I had a very spoiling time at Lous Grits. The hotel is tucked away in an old house in the village which has been immaculately and imaginatively restored. The rooms are absolutely top end and beautifully decorated, with contemporary bathrooms, decked terracing and amazing views over the village and further out to the countryside. Marie made us feel extremely welcome and we enjoyed a delicious 3-course supper by the fire... very romantic! We would definitely recommend this hotel, particularly for couples touring the area who fancy a splurge one evening! We are already looking forward to our next stay at Lous Grits.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you to have taken the time of this review much appreciated

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Hotel Lous Grits is so charming! The mother and daughter team make sure your trip is flawless. The rooms are big, airy and beautifully decorated. We had a lovely dinner prepared to our liking and was pleased with the fresh ingrediaents and simplicity.The charming towm of Lectoure is nearby and is wonderful. Do not miss the farmers market! Also, Armagnac is the buzz word in this area, so make sure to go Armagnac tasting.

Room Tip: Choose an upper room with a terrace.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Many thanks , we have much appreciated

Reviewed 27 August 2013

I liked the charming mother, Martine, who runs the hotel. We took the whole hotel for a family celebration and therefore had the benefit of seeing all the rooms and exploring. My recommendation if you are going in the summer is Amarijo – the terrace is wonderful, flower-rimmed with the most stunning views, and although the bedroom is smaller than some others (but still a good size) this more than makes up for it. Every room is different but all very stylish, comfortable and lovely. We had dinner cooked by Martine and served by Marie, which was wonderful. The new very bijou pool is a joy as well; we didn't have time to sample the spa. It's just a fantastic find in lovely countryside.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much , we keep Marie and me a sweet remind of your family meeting to celebrate at Lous Grits your birthday

Sincerely

Reviewed 9 May 2013

Quiet location near many bastide towns, Marsolan is just a small pretty village on a hill. You need a car to visit the area. Breakfast served up to midday so great as a brunch.
Ventilation in the rooms a bit noisy.

Room Tip: Rooms facing inner courtyard are the quietist.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gillladouze
Reviewed 5 December 2012

There are many good points about this hotel:

1. The location is fantastic. The views from out room were as good as it gets and this area of France deserves more attention than it is getting.
2. Cleanliness is second to none. I could eat my dinner in the most inaccessible part of the room and not find any dust.
3. Decoration and attention to detail is very good.

The thinks that I felt could be bettered were:

1. Breakfast is described as a "gourmet breakfast" and I feel that this is a little misleading. True, it is made of good quality ingredients, but there is no choice and I feel that less emphasis on self-etification and more substance would not go amiss. An undercooked egg is not to everyone's taste.
2. As is mentioned elsewhere, dinner is limited in choice, and duck is a bit boring, even when cooked well. The amount of meat on my wife's portion was such that I felt compelled to pass her some of my dinner.
3. I found it difficult to relax in the hotel. It was just a bit too clinical for my liking. I left feeling a little cold.
4. I feel on reflection that the hotel was somewhat overpriced. Yes, you have to pay for quality, and I am quite happy to pay top dollar for the right accommodation, but I feel that what I received was not in keeping with the price paid.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank A319
Reviewed 28 September 2012

This hotel is absolutely stunning and is one of the most relaxing places we have ever stayed. We got up-graded and the view from our room over the french farmlands was just magical and you can feel your stress melt away.
The owners were absoulutely wonderful and made us feel right at home while still maintaining a level of service that could not be faulted. Beautiful food, the best Tarte Tartin I have ever had and breakfast on the balcony was just divine!
What else can I say but it is a must to go

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
martine P, Propriétaire at Hotel Lous Grits, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2012

Many thanks for your appreciation
we are happy Marie and me you have had a beautifull stay at Lous GRits in last september
We hope your wedding in the area in summer
Cordially

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marsolan
Le Castelpierre de Lagraulet
Le Castelpierre de Lagraulet
#1 of 1 in Lagraulet-du-Gers
Hotel Les Trois Lys
Hotel Les Trois Lys
#4 of 7 in Condom
Chateau Les Charmettes

Been to Hotel Lous Grits? Share your experiences!