Booked on the internet, they picked us up at the airport and we arrived - simple - thanks Prim and Fu.
This is a great place! set in the jungle with a river running through it, there are various lodges and a restaurant at the entrance to hang out in - I'm not a coffee person but I noticed it tasted great and the passion fruit crush was right up there - I even choose it over beer.
Prim and her colleagues were great and really helpful especially with our baby - he was a bit ill and they drove us to the clinic. They also had internet, ok not the fastest in the world but I got all my stuff done.
I really recommend this place if you want to a place to stay while exploring the countryside around Chiang-Mai - waterfalls, lakes, hot springs, elephants, rafting, temples (it is near "Flight of the Gibbons") etc although it might be worthwhile hiring a car.
Alternatively just a great place to chill out away from everything except nature.
We will definitely be back for a longer stay next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tharnthong Lodges Resort is situated amidst the mountains in Mae Takhrai National Park. Surrounded by truly stunning and breathtaking scenery with clear streams, colorful wild forests and waterfalls, you really feel that you have arrived in paradise. The weather is cool every morning and evening throughout the whole year. There are fully furnished lodges and also rooms available to rent for any number of days. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tharnthong Lodges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tharnthong Hotel Chiang Mai
- Tharnthong Lodges Chiang Mai Province, Thailand