The location for the lodges is in a national park and the staff has done an amazing job with the decorations, and artsy decor "everywhere" inside and outside the rooms. The plantings around the grounds (including live plants in the showers), waterfall, bridge, etc are beautiful. The lodges are also separated so they aren't on top of each other.The rooms are very large - and as someone mentioned pretty cold in January. The covers on the bed is adequate. The minor problems which would make me want to rate at 4.5 if there was such a rating: No hand towels - only bath towels (1 per person) and they didn't even change our towels we had used during our 2 night stay. They also didn't empty the wastebasket when they cleaned the room, but they had a very large locked "Tip Box" on the table. Despite one of their sites saying they had bathrobes and coffee and tea service, they had none of these available. A bathrobe would be a good addition in the cold rooms. There was a hot pot for hot water, a large refrigerator and microwave, but no coffee or tea available to use. The wireless internet is free and works okay. The TV has no English channels. Lodge is about 45 minutes from Chiang Mai on the way to the Flight of the Gibbon attraction. The meals we had were ok but not spectacular. They did try to please however. The lock on the door was very flimsy and would be very easy to break in when not in your room (just a push button on the handle with a big gap between the door jam and door). Would I recommend staying here? yes. But they could improve their lodge by caring for these deficiencies.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tharnthong Lodges Resort is situated amidst the mountains in Mae Takhrai National Park. Surrounded by truly stunning and breathtaking scenery with clear streams, colorful wild forests and waterfalls, you really feel that you have arrived in paradise. The weather is cool every morning and evening throughout the whole year. There are fully furnished lodges and also rooms available to rent for any number of days. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Tharnthong Lodges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tharnthong Hotel Chiang Mai
- Tharnthong Lodges Chiang Mai Province, Thailand