We stayed here for a long weekend in February. We rented the stream side house (Ngam?) that slept 6 people. We have three kids (13, 10, 9) and we fit perfectly into the home. The minute we arrived the kids were in the stream and exploring the beautiful property. We live in Bangkok and it was so nice to escape the craziness of the city and drive to the serenity of this lodge. Even though it is a hike from Chiang Mai, about 45 minutes, it is worth the drive. We ate most meals here and they even will set up a campfire for you in front of your house. There are plenty of animals to entertain the kids: dog, rabbits, birds, monkeys. The lodge itself was very "homey" and comfortable. The beds were nice and the bathrooms were very well decorated. My kids said they felt like they were in the movie the Hobbitt. What a great retreat for us, if we were not relocating back to the states in June, we would come to Tharnthong again. It was that great. Just a tip, bring tea and coffee to have in your room in the morning, there is a hot pot but no coffee supplies.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tharnthong Lodges Resort is situated amidst the mountains in Mae Takhrai National Park. Surrounded by truly stunning and breathtaking scenery with clear streams, colorful wild forests and waterfalls, you really feel that you have arrived in paradise. The weather is cool every morning and evening throughout the whole year. There are fully furnished lodges and also rooms available to rent for any number of days. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Tharnthong Lodges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tharnthong Hotel Chiang Mai
- Tharnthong Lodges Chiang Mai Province, Thailand