Mai Siam Resort
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
US$185
US$68
Alpine Golf Resort - Chiangmai(San Kamphaeng)(Great Value!)
US$35
Agoda.com
Baan Chai Thung(Doi Saket)
US$67
US$59
US$78
US$56
Agoda.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthank you so muchrooms are spacious and cleanbeautiful groundshot springsthai foodmade us feel at homegreat place to visitperfect staybeautiful placelocal areaerichostsgardenresortvillagedishesways
Reviewed 9 June 2012

What a wonderful holiday we had in Chiang Mai! It started with Pranee and Eric meeting us at the airport and bringing us to their lovely little resort....right away we felt at home..beautiful accommodations, excellent food compliments of Pranee...and lovely quiet evenings....just a short drive from the city centre,our hosts were always accommodating in making any trips happen. Pranee and Eric were also very helpful in assisting in our tour planning and when one of us took ill and needed to go to the hospital, Pranee volunteered to come with us and act as interpreter which made this event less stressful (staff at hospital were also great!). we thoroughly enjoyed the Mai Siam Resort and hope to return in the future!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2012

My wife and I were here for 7 nights total during our honeymoon. We were simply amazed by how much our Hosts Eric and Pranee did to make our stay comfortable. They cooked amazing food for us, drove us where we needed to go for a good price, gave us any information we needed.

Our stay there was not exactly private as you might want on a honeymoon it was more like you were staying at a talkative friends house, but it was very peaceful and just what we needed after a busy family affair in phuket for our wedding.

The resort is about 1/2 hour out of town and we didn't want to be stuck waiting for lifts from our hosts (who would have been more than happy to drive us anywhere!) so we hired a car. I tried to go for a run once but the local dogs chased me which was pretty crazy so I felt lucky to get back into the property, hence once we had a car we were free to go and stay as we pleased.
Pranee was kind enough to organise this for us at a discounted rate which was great!!! Driving in Chiang Mai was an interesting experience and we got lost a bit but that made it all the more fun.

Pranee's cooking was possibly a highlight of our time there it was nothing short of spectacular, Usually 3 menu items all delicious cost between 120 - 160 baht each! that's about $4-$5 each which is amazing.

Rooms were great and very clean, lots of TV selection too. The grounds were immaculate and very peaceful.

Thank you to Eric and Pranee for our time in Chiang Mai.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Narba12
Reviewed 26 May 2012

I cannot begin to express how wonderful this place was. Between Pranee, Eric and Uncle our every wish was granted. The chalets are beautiful, the surroundings so peaceful, the food, cooked by Pranee, was amazing, she even took me into her kitchen and let me help cook lunch one day, showed me her beautiful gardens and took me to see the cows next door! Eric and Uncle drove us everywhere we wanted to go, booked tours and cooking courses for us and our friends who were not even staying with them and generally made us feel like their home was our home for the 4 days we were there. It may be a little "out of the way" but when we wanted to stay in town one evening it was no problem at all, they just gave us a mobile phone and we called them when we were ready to leave. I loved it. I will be back for sure.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Paleeta B
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Pranee and Eric were wonderful hosts, very accommodating and knowledgable on the area. Their rooms are clean, comfortable and elegant and the gardens are colorful and well maintained.
Eric was able to take us everywhere we needed to go-from getting shirts tailored, to the night bizarre, the local market, cooking class, giving us directions for a local bike ride, taking us to visit the temples, and recommending a day with elephants that we will never forget.
Pranee let me help her in the kitchen each night as I was eager to learn some Thai cooking techniques.
While their stay is somewhat outside of the city, it's relaxing and peaceful and away from the hustle and bustle of the city.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank VLove7810
Reviewed 10 May 2012

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights during our honeymoon in April. Pranee and Eric are so welcoming and nice. The booking process was very simple and email communication is very fast. It was so nice to meet Pranee and Eric. Pranee made me feel like we had been friends for a long time! She is an amazing cook too. My husband talks about her rice porridge with fried pork every day - we would love the recipe :-)

The property is beautiful - you can tell they work very hard to make it what it is. The rooms are very clean and very comfortable.

Eric and Uncle are very helpful with rides to/from town. That is the only downfall. It's about a 40 minute drive to town. We very much enjoyed staying at Mai Siam, however we were only there for 3 days. If we'd had more time, the distance may have not been an issue, but we felt like a lot of time was spent travelling to/from town. We probably would have preferred to stay in town, so we could come and go as we pleased. We felt bad staying in town too late when Uncle or Eric were just waiting for us to be ready to get picked up. Chiang Mai is an amazing town. Lots of art, great CHEAP food, amazing night markets, wonderful massages.. we had a blast!

Pranee and Eric were also very helpful in booking activities for us prior to our arrival. I would definitely recommend staying at Mai Siam - just know that it is a good drive to/from Chiang Mai. Thanks for making our stay so great!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple