We have just returned from our fifth visit to this little gem of a country house Hotel set above the Tamar valley.We received the usual very warm welcome from the owners and their friendly, professional staff..Our Garden room was so very comfortable and clean.The large modern bathroom, just lovely with lots of hot water. The panoramic views from our balcony down across Cornwall with mine stacks in the far distance were beautiful. Our room faced west so on the clear evenings the sunsets were spectacular.
We stayed three nights and each evening the food was varied and very delicious. We are looking forward to spending our third Christmas at the Horn of Plenty!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Awarded "National Small Hotel of the Year - Silver" in Visit England's 2015 Awards for Excellence, The Horn of Plenty has been thrilling guests for 50 almost years with some of the South West's very best food, drink and accommodation. This independently owned small Country House Hotel and Restaurant has 4 AA stars and 2 AA rosettes for fine dining The hotel stands high on a hill, overlooking 5 acres of beautiful gardens and wild orchards, and beyond that, the breathtaking scenery of the Tamar Valley. 16 stylishly furnished en-suite bedrooms offer outstanding comfort and luxury. Most have balconies overlooking the valley. Food is high on the agenda here, with 90% of produce sourced locally. Service is everything you'd hope for: warm, welcoming, friendly and helpful, without a hint of stuffiness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Horn of Plenty reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horn Of Plenty Hotel Gulworthy
- Horn Of Plenty Tavistock
- Horn Of Plenty Hotel Tavistock
- Horn Of Plenty Devon/Gulworthy