We first stayed here 11 years ago - although it didn't seem that long ago! We had very happy memories of that visit and were not disappointed this time. The hotel is in a fabulous location with fantastic, far reaching views across the Tamar Valley from the restaurant and from our room. We were able to wander around the gardens and notice the changes that have been implemented. The staff are superb; welcoming, friendly and efficient and keen to ensure that we had everything we needed (Even down to re-booting the wireless router for us on one occasion1). Our room was as clean, comfortable and well equipped as we remembered; the beds are huge and so comfortable, and there is plenty of hot water for deep baths and showers at any time! which is so welcome when the weather is typically Novemberish. We especially appreciated the locally sourced food which is prepared and presented to a very high standard and enjoyed the creative flavours and presentation each evening - and the breakfasts in the morning too as we felt well fed NOT over-fed! We found the wine list innovative and well priced. We visited on a special deal and felt that the hotel offers tremendous value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Awarded "National Small Hotel of the Year - Silver" in Visit England's 2015 Awards for Excellence, The Horn of Plenty has been thrilling guests for 50 almost years with some of the South West's very best food, drink and accommodation. This independently owned small Country House Hotel and Restaurant has 4 AA stars and 2 AA rosettes for fine dining The hotel stands high on a hill, overlooking 5 acres of beautiful gardens and wild orchards, and beyond that, the breathtaking scenery of the Tamar Valley. 16 stylishly furnished en-suite bedrooms offer outstanding comfort and luxury. Most have balconies overlooking the valley. Food is high on the agenda here, with 90% of produce sourced locally. Service is everything you'd hope for: warm, welcoming, friendly and helpful, without a hint of stuffiness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Horn of Plenty reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horn Of Plenty Hotel Gulworthy
- Horn Of Plenty Tavistock
- Horn Of Plenty Hotel Tavistock
- Horn Of Plenty Devon/Gulworthy