We have just returned from The Horn of Plenty after a one night stay for my other half's birthday and also I wanted somewhere lovely and memorable to propose to her. I had been there once before several years ago, and was very impressed and have wanted to return since, it did not disappoint. First of all was a lovely warm welcome from Debbie on reception, our room was fantastic, from the huge 8ft bed, massive balcony with the view, lovely bathroom with a sunken bath (also with the view), we also had a nice sofa area which ended up being the perfect place for the proposal.
After a relaxing afternoon soaking in the bath, making use of the mini bar, little nap on the massive bed, we changed and headed down for dinner around 7.30, a comfy sofa and an open fire in the front lounge was a great place to read the menu, enjoy a pre-dinner drink and devour the exceptional canapes. The meal itself was faultless, beautifully presented, fantastic flavours in every course, and all with fantastic efficient service from the waiting staff. Even a simple after dinner coffee was given the full treatment with further sweet canapes.
After a great sleep, breakfast was also superb, with a great choice on offer to cater for all tastes.
A very memorable weekend for Sally and I was made even more special because of the staff at The Horn of Plenty. If its a special place you are looking for to take that special someone to spoil them, then look no further.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Awarded "National Small Hotel of the Year - Silver" in Visit England's 2015 Awards for Excellence, The Horn of Plenty has been thrilling guests for 50 almost years with some of the South West's very best food, drink and accommodation. This independently owned small Country House Hotel and Restaurant has 4 AA stars and 2 AA rosettes for fine dining The hotel stands high on a hill, overlooking 5 acres of beautiful gardens and wild orchards, and beyond that, the breathtaking scenery of the Tamar Valley. 16 stylishly furnished en-suite bedrooms offer outstanding comfort and luxury. Most have balconies overlooking the valley. Food is high on the agenda here, with 90% of produce sourced locally. Service is everything you'd hope for: warm, welcoming, friendly and helpful, without a hint of stuffiness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Horn of Plenty reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horn Of Plenty Hotel Gulworthy
- Horn Of Plenty Tavistock
- Horn Of Plenty Hotel Tavistock
- Horn Of Plenty Devon/Gulworthy