Have stayed here twice now and this time we thought we would spend the little extra and go for the superior room with the balcony (room 3). We were not disappointed as the balcony is huge with fabulous views out over the Tamar Valley.
The bed was massive and very comfortable, and the bathroom is huge with lovely roll-top bath and separate shower cubicle. Shower worked perfectly with plenty of power and heat.
Unfortunately we had horrendous weather during our stay (can't blame the hotel for that) so we didn't get out to do any walking, but on the plus side it made it all the better for sitting in front of the wonderful log fire in the library,sipping tea and reading a book!
As expected, dinner was excellent and could not be faulted, you just have to go there and try for yourself to see what I mean.
Again, breakfast in the morning was superb, and made all the better with the fabulous views you get from the dining room.
All the staff were very friendly and attentive and nothing was too much trouble.
Go now while they still have their 'Beat the Winter Blues' special offers on, great value for money and all in all 10/10!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Awarded "National Small Hotel of the Year - Silver" in Visit England's 2015 Awards for Excellence, The Horn of Plenty has been thrilling guests for 50 almost years with some of the South West's very best food, drink and accommodation. This independently owned small Country House Hotel and Restaurant has 4 AA stars and 2 AA rosettes for fine dining The hotel stands high on a hill, overlooking 5 acres of beautiful gardens and wild orchards, and beyond that, the breathtaking scenery of the Tamar Valley. 16 stylishly furnished en-suite bedrooms offer outstanding comfort and luxury. Most have balconies overlooking the valley. Food is high on the agenda here, with 90% of produce sourced locally. Service is everything you'd hope for: warm, welcoming, friendly and helpful, without a hint of stuffiness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Agoda, LateRooms, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Horn of Plenty reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horn Of Plenty Hotel Gulworthy
- Horn Of Plenty Tavistock
- Horn Of Plenty Hotel Tavistock
- Horn Of Plenty Devon/Gulworthy