My husband and I stayed for my birthday in August 2014 for a bit of quiet time. I had looked around with a view to getting married here in the past and have always wanted to stay since- and we were glad we did! We were escorted straight to our room when we arrived. Our room had been upgraded which was unexpected in peak season. It was in the newly built section, but upstairs as requested (17 i think) very spacious, comfortable large bed and a great bathroom (tub for 2!). It was perfectly quiet for sleeping. We ate in the restaurant which was fantastic, fine dining portions being great leaving us comfortable full. We enjoyed the complimentary nibbles. Good wine list and our waitress was very knowledgable on Whisky, being able to recommend to my husband. Attentive but not intrusive staff. We also had a cream tea with freshly baked scones (plenty of conserve and cream). Breakfast was great too, I always like to have fruit and its very annoying when it is firm and tastless but the offerings at the HOP were perfect! The setting is so tranquil and beautiful and the hotel and staff so classy without being stuffy and snobby and we cannot wait to visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Awarded "National Small Hotel of the Year - Silver" in Visit England's 2015 Awards for Excellence, The Horn of Plenty has been thrilling guests for 50 almost years with some of the South West's very best food, drink and accommodation. This independently owned small Country House Hotel and Restaurant has 4 AA stars and 2 AA rosettes for fine dining The hotel stands high on a hill, overlooking 5 acres of beautiful gardens and wild orchards, and beyond that, the breathtaking scenery of the Tamar Valley. 16 stylishly furnished en-suite bedrooms offer outstanding comfort and luxury. Most have balconies overlooking the valley. Food is high on the agenda here, with 90% of produce sourced locally. Service is everything you'd hope for: warm, welcoming, friendly and helpful, without a hint of stuffiness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Horn of Plenty reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horn Of Plenty Hotel Gulworthy
- Horn Of Plenty Tavistock
- Horn Of Plenty Hotel Tavistock
- Horn Of Plenty Devon/Gulworthy