“Excellent”

Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Kemnay, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

This was my first visit to Gordon's and I was very impressed. These are people who firmly believe in good quality food cooked with great skill. The service is informal and relaxed but attentive. To top all of this they are really nice people. We stayed in one of there rooms which was beautifully decorated and very comfortable. I can not recommend them highly enough. Everyone should try and visit this fantastic restaurant. I can not believe I had not found this place sooner. I will definitely be back.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank David W

Perth, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Recently stayed and dined at Gordon's. The interior design of this restaurant with rooms is beautiful and oozes quality, style and comfort. Dinner was fantastic with every course as good as the next, from the sweetest ever seared scallops with cauliflower to the carrot and orange veloute, then pistachio crusted new season lamb with wild garlic and pea ravioli, 'pre dessert' of pineapple panna cotta followed by a pitch perfect 'classic' lemon tart with Scottish strawberries for dessert. All served like clockwork at the perfect pace for a relaxing enjoyable evening. Breakfast was also great, just loved the Agen Prunes in Earl Grey tea, Wow!. Will definitely return and thoroughly recommend.

Well done team Gordon's, a truly Michelin Star standard restaurant with rooms.

David & Lisa

1 Thank David J
Kirriemuir, Scotland
“Lovely food, but not what I needed”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

OK, it's my issue that I didn't research this restaurant more before I visited. I couldn't fault the food, although it's a bit richer than I'm used to nowadays, but I hadn't realised that there was only a set menu, of what seemed like many many courses, on offer. If I had, I wouldn't have eaten for a couple of days beforehand....

With our pre dinner drinks we were served delicious home made canapés; this was followed by home made bread, then our amuse bouches before the starter (the twice baked cheese soufflé, which was lovely). The soup came next, then the main course, then a pre dessert mousse, then the dessert and lastly the coffee and home made tablet and chocolates.

We had been put in a small room at the back of the restaurant, so I was starting to get fed up (note the amusing pun) mid way through the meal since there was only one other unfortunate couple who I could surreptisioulsy focus my attention on during the 3 hours we were seated. (Apologies to them - and also to my husband for not making more conversation with him.)

So the food was lovely, but by the time I had finished the starter I had already eaten much more than normal. I would prefer that diners be given the choice as to the amount of food they buy as this set menu format would definitely mean that I won't be returning very often, if at all.

2 Thank Grannela
Surfers Paradise, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A special place”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Something we will always remember. Wonderful stay in the courtyard suite. A superb dinner, beautifully presented. Great atmosphere. Wonderful hosts. Absolutely fantastic breakfast. I will always remember my prunes soaked in earl grey tea. The suite and the restaurant were furnished to an excellent standard. A very special episode in our travel adventure and so happy to have discovered you. Highly recommended.

Congratulations Maria and Gordon it's obvious that you really care very much about what you do.

Linda & Laurie Australia

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank LindaTravels10
Logiealmond
“What a find!”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed and ate at Gordon's on 10/11 May with our two teenaged children and we all agreed that this was meal to remember. We covered all three starters: the double baked cheddar soufflé; the ham hock, guinea fowl & prune mosaic terrine with a delicate pea pannacotta; and scallops with cauliflower, raisin caper dressing. All were sublime with a marvelous blending of subtle flavours.

We covered two of the mains: the pistachio crusted lamb, confit shoulder, ravioli, butternut squash and tomato jus which was perfectly cooked and beautifully presented; and Gressingham duck breast, slow cooked leg, celeriac mushroom gnocchi and beetroot jus which was fabulous.

Desserts were also superbly presented: the Valrhona chocolate parfait, red wine poached pears with cinnamon ice-cream was to-die-for; and the glazed lemon tart with honey mascarpone cream was a perfect blend.

The cheese board was a good blend of Scottish and guest continental cheeses and the wine choice was good with fair pricing.

I have eaten in many up-market restaurants but Gordon's will remain a memorable experience and it is on our list of places to return. We found the food superb, and the service balance just right, as is often the case in family run establishments. Consequently, I have no hesitation in recommending Gordon's to fellow foodies.

1 Thank logieboy