“Exceptional Food and Service”

Gordon's Restaurant
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We visited this restaurant for the first time 5 years ago and were worried that it would not be as good as we remembered. It was just as good. The food is of exceptional quality, the service is faultless; they make a real effort to make you feel welcome. Nothing is too much trouble; they made me a special veggie main course which was delicious. This is the quality of food you expect to find in an expensive London restaurant, and the warm welcome and familiarity of service you expect from your local restaurant where you are a regular patron. When i could not finish my petite fours they even wrapped them up in some foil for me to take away. A highlight of our holiday.

2  Thank FreeStark

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We have just returned from having a delicious Sunday lunch at Gordon's. The food was as delicious as we had hoped it would be. Quality ingredients are cooked to perfection and served up with artistic flourish. Every time we visit we come away thinking the same - that was another great meal at Gordon's! They never disappoint us. If you are looking for great food, packed with good flavour in comfortable and stylish surroundings, this is the place to head for. Long overdue for its Michelin star...

1  Thank pushkinDundee
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This was my first visit to Gordon's and I was very impressed. These are people who firmly believe in good quality food cooked with great skill. The service is informal and relaxed but attentive. To top all of this they are really nice people. We stayed in one of there rooms which was beautifully decorated and very comfortable. I can not recommend them highly enough. Everyone should try and visit this fantastic restaurant. I can not believe I had not found this place sooner. I will definitely be back.

1  Thank David W
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Recently stayed and dined at Gordon's. The interior design of this restaurant with rooms is beautiful and oozes quality, style and comfort. Dinner was fantastic with every course as good as the next, from the sweetest ever seared scallops with cauliflower to the carrot and orange veloute, then pistachio crusted new season lamb with wild garlic and pea ravioli, 'pre dessert' of pineapple panna cotta followed by a pitch perfect 'classic' lemon tart with Scottish strawberries for dessert. All served like clockwork at the perfect pace for a relaxing enjoyable evening. Breakfast was also great, just loved the Agen Prunes in Earl Grey tea, Wow!. Will definitely return and thoroughly recommend.

Well done team Gordon's, a truly Michelin Star standard restaurant with rooms.

David & Lisa

1  Thank David J
Reviewed 3 June 2014

OK, it's my issue that I didn't research this restaurant more before I visited. I couldn't fault the food, although it's a bit richer than I'm used to nowadays, but I hadn't realised that there was only a set menu, of what seemed like many many courses, on offer. If I had, I wouldn't have eaten for a couple of days beforehand....

With our pre dinner drinks we were served delicious home made canapés; this was followed by home made bread, then our amuse bouches before the starter (the twice baked cheese soufflé, which was lovely). The soup came next, then the main course, then a pre dessert mousse, then the dessert and lastly the coffee and home made tablet and chocolates.

We had been put in a small room at the back of the restaurant, so I was starting to get fed up (note the amusing pun) mid way through the meal since there was only one other unfortunate couple who I could surreptisioulsy focus my attention on during the 3 hours we were seated. (Apologies to them - and also to my husband for not making more conversation with him.)

So the food was lovely, but by the time I had finished the starter I had already eaten much more than normal. I would prefer that diners be given the choice as to the amount of food they buy as this set menu format would definitely mean that I won't be returning very often, if at all.

2  Thank Grannela