“Hidden Gem of Scottish Fine Dining”

Gordon's Restaurant with Rooms
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

It was a couple of years, shamefully, since our last visit to Gordon’s and we couldn’t believe it when Maria remembered our names & that I was pregnant when we last visited (we were booked in under friend’s name). What a fabulous start to a fabulous stay.

The dinner menu is based on 21212 dining which you might think would be limiting but that never feels like the case. You can tell that the chef Garry takes a huge amount of pride in both the ingredients & their preparation.

Best fish I’ve tasted in a very long time and the pea veloute packed more flavour per spoon then any I’ve had before. I have a “few” dietary requirements and they are never a problem for Garry. I never feel that I am missing out on anything.

The restaurant is very tastefully decorated and you never feel too close to other diners.

We stayed overnight again on this visit in one of the beautifully decorated rooms. Very comfortable indeed. Breakfast the next morning was lovely as always. Best scrambled eggs I have ever had.

It’s hard to believe that the restaurant is run by only two people. The level of service and the standard of food would lead you to believe that there is a small army involved. A formidable family partnership.

I hope that the business continues to be the fine dining success that it is. It definitely won’t be so long before our next visit this time.

Many thanks Maria & Garry from Smithy & Tracey xx

1  Thank TAF_Aberdeen

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Set Menu great food and accommodating to my Vegetarian Wife the whole dining experience was second to none, Must be the finest dining experience in the area. small but cosy expensive but worth every penny, I cant wait to go back

2  Thank Ian S
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

Gordons resturant with rooms one of the finest places we have had the pleasure to eat and stay.Very welcoming fabulous front of house and the finest food not cheap but worth every penny and you get what you pay for 10 out of 10

2  Thank Paul D
Reviewed 16 July 2018

A warm welcome to a beautifully put together restaurant with rooms. It takes a lot of hard work behind the scenes to produce such fabulous food full of flavour and little surprises and the Thistle room is a delight. A very enjoyable overnight stay. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Ken C
Reviewed 13 July 2018

We have been to Gordon's a few times and have found it to be consistently outstanding. From the warm welcome on arrival through the various delicious courses to the cheerio when we leave, it is an evening to enjoy. Each time we have gone we have had the opportunity to try food that we probably wouldn't normally choose and each time it has been delicious. All the very best to the mum and son team at Gordon's and I look forward to our next visit.

1  Thank jsdow